cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to give me a MAC?

keybored
Grafter

How long to give me a MAC?

Phoned for my MAC on the 11th November and when I finally got through I was told it would take up to 5 working days to email it to me. It's now the 19th and still not heard anything. I think maybe they're hoping I'll change my mind  Grin
Am I just unlucky or is this the norm?
22 REPLIES 22
matt_2k34
Grafter

Re: How long to give me a MAC?

its not "the norm" but there have been people grumbling about this in the past.
emailed to your "main" plusnet email, im guessing you have checked this + its spam folders etc.?
if not, it will more than likely mean another call to cancellations Sad (working 9-5)
Regards
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You should also check closed tickets on your account
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just had a look at your account and it appears that we gave you your MAC via ticket and email (to your @metronet address) 4 days ago. If you log in to the portal you should be able to see the details on the ticket.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
matt_2k34
Grafter

I think maybe they're hoping I'll change my mind

I'm sure they wouldnt mind if you did Smiley
im assuming the reason for leaving is Billing? (just looked at recent posts by yourself)
Do PN Leavers get to survey the reason for leaving? - would be interesting for PN to see the top reasons for people leaving im sure...
keybored
Grafter

I use Outlook so have been religiously scanning my junk folder everyday. I did explain that I'm with Metronet when I phoned; maybe that's confused them  Undecided
keybored
Grafter

Chris, I've checked my email every day and the only contact I've had was today to let me know I'd be invoiced on the 22nd of this month. Logged into Metronet member centre and nothing there either, so sent an existing ticket query back asking if somebody could have a look.
Scrub that Chris, I was looking at Billing queries by mistake. Sorry to have bothered you.
matt_2k34
Grafter

Sorry to have bothered you.

Supports support. Smiley
keybored
Grafter

Quite right, so used to looking at billing queries forgot to look at broadband queries  Roll_eyes
jim:quote
TicnTac
Grafter

wondered how long it would be before Plusnet gave a MAC out.
I'd like one of these please Smiley

............yeah I know, I'm bored, shall wait for the telling off on Monday  Roll_eyes
keybored
Grafter

Your posts always make me laugh TicnTac. After reading your epistle on here I'm suprised you haven't lost your sense of humour  Shocked Certainly puts my problems into perspective. Hope you get things sorted soon; I'm off to Idnet as soon as they process my order, but I'll still check in here just to monitor your amusing posts  Cheesy
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

keybored,
Best of luck with your new ISP, we'd be interested to hear how things go for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TicnTac
Grafter

Your posts always make me laugh TicnTac. After reading your epistle on here I'm suprised you haven't lost your sense of humour  Shocked Certainly puts my problems into perspective. Hope you get things sorted soon; I'm off to Idnet as soon as they process my order, but I'll still check in here just to monitor your amusing posts 

Glad they can bring a smile here and there. Just had a look at IDNET http://www.idnet.net/solutions/home/adslphoneselector.jsp, really don't fancy the (£571.78 annually) bill  Shocked If Plusnet has problems with BT, I can't see any other ISP getting any further, after all PN & BT are one of the same  Roll_eyes
Also, what would I do during the evenings without a line / speed / broadband problem? Got to keep Adam & Co. on their toes Wink
Best of luck with the new ISP!
oooo Ello Adam, didn't see you there, honest Wink  Grin
keybored
Grafter

I'm back on the billing forum, yet again  Roll_eyes I've gone for the "home lite" package which gives me 10gb peak useage and 30gb off peak which is midnight to 9am, plus there's no traffic throttling at peak times. Have a mate who's been with them for several years and he can't fault it so fingers crossed  Smiley
Hope your problems are soon resolved and I'll check back in from time to time when I need a good laugh  Grin
legion
Dabbler

I was with ID Net until last year. I changed to PlusNet because they offered a one stop phone and broadband package. IDNet customer service is brilliant. You can get to speak to the same person again if problems are not resolved. Unfortunately there is no weekend service although the forum (IDNetters)  is monitored and things seem to get picked up.
After my recent experience (http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,90769.0.html) I just can't afford to live with the falling standards of PlusNet service.  With this aggressive push for new customers I can only see things getting worse. The new IDNET packages are much more flexible and include phone and line rental, and the superior customer service is well worth the extra 4 quid a month.
With The PlusNet price discrimination policy I will always pay top dollar for broadband as I am in a very rural area, so the price difference is not too drastic for me.
Next trick is to get a MAC - wish me luck.