cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor start with Plusnet no broadband

FIXED
JM40

Poor start with Plusnet no broadband

I thought that a transfer from John Lewis to Plusnet would be seamless since they are the same company but this is not the case and I've been left with no broadband for 2 weeks.

With John Lewis broadband coming to an end I signed up to transfer to Plusnet on 12th August and was given a start date of 25th August.
The next day I have a message that there was a problem setting up the account and I have to phone up to set up a new account.
After some confusion on the phone, the new account was set up. Then I get messages saying the new service will start on 8th September and my old service will continue to work until then. Bit of a long delay but ok.

At the end of August I noticed my broadband was not working. The first couple of calls to Plusnet/John Lewis were friendly but not helpful. On the third call after a long time on hold I was told my broadband service has been turned off in error and could not be re-established until 8th September. The guy on the phone was apologetic and told that someone would contact me about the issue After 4 days I have had no contact so quite annoyed now.
3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Poor start with Plusnet no broadband

Fix

Hi @JM40 

I'm really sorry for the bad experience you've had moving to Plusnet. 

I've been going through some accounts tonight migrating them across and looks like yours was one of them.

After activating your account, I can see that you're back online now. Could you confirm if things are okay? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
JM40

Update:
Shortly after placing this message I had a missed call from Plusnet. Then a while later emails saying my phone line and broadband service was now ready to use and the transfer was complete. It is all up and running now.
Thank you.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Glad to hear that @JM40 

Yeah I tried to call just to let you know I was completing the migration and to see if it was working. 

Apologies again for the rocky start, let us know if there’s anything else you need help with. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet