cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wii vs XBox 360 - sometimes the stats lie.

The latest figures out on the sales of Xbox & Wii games consoles, show the two platforms nearly neck and neck at 9.4m for the Wii and 10.1m for the XBox. What's interesting about these numbers though is that it took Nintendo 1/2 of the time to get there than Microsoft. Where will it end up though? Industry experts are expecting the Wii to overtake the XBox around Christmas time. But does it really matter? After all, competition is good for eveyone (especially the consumer - Sony have started to drop the price of their PS3 due to "poor" sales figures) The Wii has caught the imagination of kids (big and small alike), the XBox & PS3 are for the "serious" gamer. Personally, I think they all have their place and they will do just fine in their own way - but it will create a whole host of problems going forward with regard to the "living room" entertainment system if they all don't start to adopt more open platforms to allow content to get to and from the devices more easily. For example, I don't want to be locked into one proprietary device to view my photo's / video's over the network onto my screen. Me, I'm not a gamer (by any stretch of the imagination) but I bought the Wii because its great when you have 3 young children in the house on a rainy day. All they have to do now is make Zelda easier for me 🙂 regards Dean

0 Thanks
1 Comment
1 Comment