cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twitter

Twitter

Twitter

twitter logo Have you heard of Twitter? It's the Internet phenomenon all the rage also  known as 'micro-blogging'. Do you often have a question to ask, or just want to tell the world what you're up to or what you're thinking about? Or maybe there are people out there that you wonder about. What are they up to? Twitter lets you find out! There's two main premises. Firstly the messaging. You have 140 characters to tell your followers (that's the second premise, we'll get to that shortly) what you're doing, what you're thinking about, which website has just made you laugh... basically whatever you want. You send it, and that's it - you've tweeted! Now, the second. Followers and following. If you're interested in someone, you can opt to follow them on Twitter and whenever they tweet you get it sent right to you, in a multitude of ways. In the same way people can opt to follow you, and they'll see what you're tweeting. As for how to read all this... well you can sign in to the website. But that's not all. You can get a firefox plugin that will deliver your tweets straight to (and from) your browser, whatever page you're looking at. You can get any one of a number of twitter dedicated applications that will allow you to organise your followers and followees. There's too many to go into here, but you can find out a lot more and indeed sign up at the website - http://twitter.com Needless to say Plusnet has a twitter account. Why not follow us, at http://twitter.com/plusnet ? People can see our Twitter feed on the Community site home page too.

0 Thanks
8 Comments
8 Comments
Stupid name. Stupid idea.
Be3G
Grafter
Stupid idea? The many people who use it (including me) would appear to disagree. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it stupid.
bobpullen1
Not applicable
I've become quite fond of Twitter and I find it very useful as a news source/real-time search tool.
Euge
Grafter
Finger on the pulse once again plusnet :D Doesn't really interest me, I'm all 'my faced' out.
Richard4
Not applicable
I twitter once or twice a week, but it just seems so bland compared to Facebook.
lucasdigital
Dabbler
Twitter is the Milky Bar of microblogs, the "sweet you can eat between meals - without ruining your appetite". Facebook is a web monument to distraction, while Twitter gets straight to what's important...what your mates and heroes are doing right here (or anywhere), right now.
Not applicable
[...] reading Matt’s Twitter blog that he published a couple of weeks ago, I thought I’d take the opportunity to write a [...]
Perdantic
Not applicable
@lucasdigital - That'd be the Milky Way Wink