cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone changes FAQ

Home Phone changes FAQ

Home Phone changes FAQ

Many of you will have questions regarding our recently announced changes to our residential 'phone products. We will hopefully answer them for you here, but if not feel free to head over to the forums, or contact our support teams. Why are you increasing line rental prices? Are other suppliers increasing their prices too? What's the contract length? What if I'm already in a contract, how does the price increase affect this? Is this a detrimental change - can I leave my contract without penalty? Where can I see the new terms? Why can't I keep my current product? Is there still a referral value for Talk products? Are calls to other Plusnet customers free at all times? As Voicemail is free will this be added automatically? Will the price reduction for Caller Display happen automatically? When will my product be changed? I've arranged a product change already for my next invoice date, what will happen to this? I'm an Essential customer, how am I affected? I'm an Anytime customer, how am I affected? I’ve just joined Plusnet for ‘phone services, how am I affected? Can I use my 300 international minutes to call anywhere? Are calls to Plusnet support free at all times? I have a discount applied to my bill currently, due to signing a contract, will this change? Are the peak times changing? Whats the detail of the new pricing? Are provisioning costs changing? Why are you increasing line rental prices? Our wholesale prices have increased and because of that we’re having to make the first change in our line rental for over two years. This will make sure that our products remain profitable. We have revised the pricing of our services to give the best deal we can to customers of our ‘phone products. For example, our Evenings & Weekend package now include 300 evening and weekend international minutes and everyone can now get free Voicemail. We’re also including 0845 calls to our support teams in all our Home Phone packages. Are other suppliers increasing their prices too? Yes, many other providers have recently announced price increases. Talk Talk, Sky, The Post Office and Virgin have all recently announced price increases. We still offer the UK’s lowest-priced stand-alone broadband and our packages are extremely competitive. We want to attract even more customers and we believe our pricing will enable us to do this What's the contract length? All of our ‘phone products are available on a monthly contract option currently. What if I'm already in a contract, how does the price increase affect this? All current Home Phone customers will be given 30 days’ notice of the changes prior to the new pricing taking effect. Your existing contract will be carried over to the new products. Is this a detrimental change - can I leave my contract without penalty? If you’re an existing Anytime, Anytime+ or Evenings & Weekends customer you can leave without any penalties on the Home Phone side of things. If you’re an Essential customer without calling features or which Voicemail and/or Caller Display there are no detrimental changes so your contract would remain. If you’re an Essential customer with any other features you can leave without any penalties. Where can I see the new terms? The new terms for Talk products can be found here: http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/newtalkterms.html Why can't I keep my current product? The features of the new products are essentially the same; it's largely just the price that's changing. We're also introducing some new benefits such as free voicemail, inclusive calls to support and a reduction in the price of caller display. Evenings & Weekends customers will also get 300 mins of calls to the top 20 international destinations, and Anytime customers get 25% off mobile call rates. Is there still a referral value for Talk products? Yes, the referral value for either product will be 50p. Are calls to other Plusnet customers free at all times? Yes, subject to the 60 minute call duration limit (you can redial at 59 minutes if that's not enough chatting for you, of course!).  Our packages also include all calls to support and Customer Service on our 0845 support numbers. As Voicemail is free will this be added automatically? No, as some customers do not want Voicemail, and there are compatibility issues with certain other features and services. All customers will be able to add Voicemail without charge if they wish. If you already have this the price will be changed accordingly. Will the price reduction for Caller Display happen automatically? Yes, from the point you're moved to the new tariff (usually your next billing date after launch). When will my product be changed? Your product will be changed on your next billing date after the 30 days’ notice of the change expires. I've arranged a product change already for my next invoice date, what will happen to this? We will arrange a change to the new equivalent of the product you wanted to change to. For example if you have a downgrade scheduled from Anytime+ to Evenings & Weekends we'll schedule a change to Talk Evenings & Weekends. I'm an Essential customer, how am I affected? The new prices for call features are applicable but all other aspects of your product will remain the same. I'm an Anytime customer, how am I affected? Your package price will increase to £10.95 and the new call tariff will apply. You'll also get the free calls to support, free Voicemail and reduced caller display price. Your current 240 mins of anytime calls will remain the same. I’ve just joined Plusnet for ‘phone services, how am I affected? If you’ve recently joined us, or are thinking about joining us, you would be changed to the new products 30 days after activation. The new pricing and terms will be applicable from this date. We will email you separately on the day of launch to advise when the change will take place. Can I use my 300 international minutes to call anywhere? No, the 300 inclusive minutes are only available for landline calls to one of the top 20 destinations listed here. US and Canada mobiles are also included, but all other international mobile calls would be chargeable. Are calls to Plusnet support free at all times? Yes, all calls to our 0845 support numbers are free regardless of time or duration. I have a discount applied to my bill currently, due to signing a contract, will this change? No, any existing contract and discounts will carry over to the new products. Are the peak times changing? Yes, daytime rates will now be charged from 6am to 6pm Monday to Friday, and weekend rates will be charged from midnight Friday to midnight Sunday. Whats the detail of the new pricing? Setup fee - 8p Local/national calls - 4.5ppm at all times 0845 calls - daytime 2ppm, evenings and weekends 0.5ppm 0870 calls - daytime 6ppm, evenings and weekends 1.5ppm Mobiles - daytime 12.5ppm, evenings and weekends 7.5ppm For full details of all new pricing please see our Home Phone tariff guide. Are provisioning costs changing? We have made some changes to the cost of providing telephone services, the full costs are as follows: - New provide £105 - Start of a stopped line: free - Transfer an existing BT line to Plusnet: free - Transfer from LLU service to Plusnet: free - Transfer from cable to Plusnet: £105

0 Thanks
9 Comments
9 Comments