cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet is looking for existing customers to trial its TV service

YouView trial As part of Plusnet’s exciting plans to move into TV, Plusnet’s YouView trials are to be extended from staff, to customers who have Unlimited Fibre, in the new year. Plusnet will provide a Humax YouView+ box offering Freeview channels and easy access to on-demand content, such as the BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4OD and Demand5. Plusnet is also offering customer trialists access to extra channels including top sporting action on BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN, as well as entertainment channels including SyFy, Universal, E! and Fox - all delivered through the fibre broadband connection. Rob Perkins, Head of TV at Plusnet said of the announcement,

“This is an exciting step forward for Plusnet and these trials will ensure Plusnet can gain crucial feedback to ensure it launches the best service it can to a wider customer base later in the year.”

People accepted onto the TV trial will be given loan of a YouView box and any other essential equipment for at least three months, at which point the box should either be returned or the trialist can opt in to the paid-for service.* To be considered for the trial, you will need to have Plusnet Unlimited Fibre and a working TV aerial. You will need to commit to use the service and provide feedback through short web-surveys when requested (these are expected to happen no more than once or twice per month). If you are interested in joining the trial, please log in to https://www.plus.net/wizard/ where you will be asked to complete an application form. The full launch date for Plusnet TV, along with pricing at this launch, is yet to be confirmed.   *3 months free Plusnet TV trial by invitation only, following application. You’ll need to have and retain Plusnet Unlimited Fibre, a 15Mbs minimum line speed & a suitable TV aerial. You’ll need to complete feedback questionnaires provided by Plusnet, who may contact you to offer an extension of the trial. You’ll get a YouView+ box but when the trial ends, if you don’t continue your service by signing up to one month rolling lease of the box, you’ll need to return it. Availability of digital channels and quality of content depends on local transmitter and rooftop aerial (www.freeview.co.uk/availability). Limited availability. For terms go to: http://community.plus.net/tvtrialterms/   Update:  Thanks to everyone who has applied to take part in our TV trials. We've now stopped taking applications for the trial. However, we may open it up again in the future and so if you would like to register your interest please complete the application survey via http://trials.plus.net  If you have already applied - thank you, we will be in touch in the next week or two.

0 Thanks
81 Comments
81 Comments
orbrey1
Not applicable
Hi Ivan, As long as the aerial receives terrestrial TV signals, it's fine - it's important those are tested as part of the trial, hence the requirement Smiley By the sound of it, yours is all good.
orbrey1
Not applicable
Hi Matthew Vas, sorry for the delay, I'm afraid we've no firm dates as yet but we'll be in touch as soon as we're able to.
Tim_Parr
Not applicable
I note that Plusnet say in their email to Kevin G that the successful volunteers will know before the end of January… is this still the case as plusnet don't seem to have started this process yet? I have registered but not even had an acknowledgement.
TLE
Grafter
I think the trial has proved to be far more popular than they originally anticipated. It will take them some time to select the users\set ups who they think will provide the most relevant trial information that they need.
orbrey1
Not applicable
@Tim Parr - Hi, sorry to be a stickler but it was a ticket response from our support team and actually stated that "we expect to be contacting successful applicants before the end of January", which was the case at the time. We still hope that's the case but unfortunately it's looking unlikely at present. We will though be contacting the successful applicants as soon as we can.
krs360
Grafter
@Matt Taylor I've been accepted for the trial and have agreed to the t&cs. My mother is keen to get involved with this as well, I was hoping you she may be able to submit a request. Could you maybe drop me a PM to discuss? Thanks.
kenneth_mckeown
Not applicable
ive applied for your trial tv box but not heard from you i cannot get any emails only by my landline this will be as follows 02476591615 please reply to advise if ive been approvedanswer machine avalable if need be on my landline,yours faithfully k mckeown
TLE
Grafter
@Plusnet Have you started contacting those who have been accepted? Certainly seems to be the case from what krs360 has just said.
orbrey1
Not applicable
Hi, if you've raised a ticket via the trials wizard then you've applied for the trial, however unless you've received a reply then you've not been accepted yet (though of course that's not to say you won't be). Your mother would be welcome to apply, not sure what there is to discuss - as long as she's on Unlimited fibre she just needs to raise a ticket at http://trials.plus.net as per the blog. If there is anything else needs discussing I'd have loved to help but unfortunately today is my last day, though you could PM Chris, Chris, Chris or Adam (yes there are three Chris's on our forums :D) on the community forums and they'll be able to advise.
orbrey1
Not applicable
Hi, I'm afraid we'll be replying via the same medium your application was sent in - if you can't get your emails I'd recommend either checking your tickets by logging in to our website every week or so (it'll tell you if the ticket has been updated as soon as you log in) though if you keep an eye on our forums you'll no doubt see when people are being accepted onto the trial due to the related posts appearing.
orbrey1
Not applicable
Hi, not to my knowledge we haven't, no. Hoping it'll not be too much longer though.
KevinG1
Not applicable
Can't see anything recent on the Community forums (the lack of a subforum in the Trials section doesn't help) and still had nothing other than an acknowledgement on my ticket (just over a month after I applied), so I am assuming nothing's happened yet.
w23
Pro
Not just me then. Not sure if 'no news is good news' or the opposite.
chrispettitt1981
Not applicable
Really sorry that we've not been in touch yet. We've seen huge interest in the trial. We're working through the list of applicants and we'll be back in touch as soon as possible.
Thomas_Bale
Not applicable
Shame I missed the original trials, PlusNet didn't seem to make us aware of the potential trial. Would love to try this out, any idea what the pricing may be like?
Bjn
Grafter
Seems my ticket generated on application on 21st Dec to which Plusnet replied saying that they hoped to inform people who had been selected for trial by end of January has been closed as no reply for 14 days. I know allot of people have applied but could Plusnet not open a thread on forum with regular updates, even if the thread was an information only thread to which members could not reply. It would also be nice for a general post to let people who have been unsuccessful that all places on the trial are now full. This saga is dragging out and is not a good reflection on Plusnet for lack of information even though they are trying to filter out the best people for their trial service. Thanks for reading my little rant but a quick update from Plusnet would be welcome.
clearx1
Not applicable
There is a post on the forum which has had a few updates at: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,123283.0.html Last update on 5/2 was that they are still going through the applications and that nobody has been selected yet - just a case of being patient I think. Wink
drunkenmonkey
Grafter
Mine had closed as well, assume the applicants have all been dumped in an excel sheet?
mjb
Dabbler
Just received a response saying that I hadn't been accepted on to the trial due to not being on Unlimited Fibre (although I had said that I would be quite happy to upgrade if accepted) Bit of a disappointment, but as I am currently still paying only £11.50 for my fibre connection (from being on the FTTC trials back when it was first being rolled out), I'll get over it.
KevinG1
Not applicable
Got an email today: "We’re pleased to tell you that you have been successful in your application to take part in our TV trial. Due to overwhelming demand we will be adding customers onto our trial in phases, we currently estimate that we will add you onto our trial sometime during March and we will be in touch nearer the time to advise you of when you can expect your YouView box."
KevinG1
Not applicable
I realise now that perhaps I shouldn't have posted that due to confidentiality clause. Apologies.
ChrisC2
Not applicable
I was too late in applying for the trial but I'm very interested in subscribing when it goes live. he primary reason is I want the BT Sport package, so that I can watch the World Rally Championship. Any news about when the service may go live?
markC1
Not applicable
I have a 'paid for' Humax YouView box and plusnet unlimited fibre. I see that all the plusnet additional channels are available on my guide, but I get errors trying to access then (basically not authorised). Any chance of getting on the trial with my own box?
Andy7
Interested
I'm in the same boat as MarkC and would be interested to know if this is possible. I was an original YouView trialist - we got to keep our trial boxes - it was one of those trials where the trialists are REWARDED for being a trialist :-) Is the Plusnet hardware any different from a standard YouView box?
petejackson
Grafter
Hi Andy, we're only able to provide our additional channel content to customers on Unlimited Fibre. We aren't in the position to manage customers through an upgrade process on an individual basis because we couldn't be certain about getting everyone who wanted to on the trial. We certainly haven't ruled out taking on board more triallists in the future.
phildin
Not applicable
I am on unlimited fibre and have applied for trial.I pointed out that I have my own youview box.I can see the additional channels in the guide,will I be able to receive them? Philip
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Hi there phildin, you should be able to receive any extra channels if you're accepted for the trial. Adam
davecolley
Dabbler
Just wondering how the trial is progressing, as a prospective youview customer with unlimited fibre who missed the signup finding any further info on progress has been quite difficult.
Gerry_Mc
Not applicable
How long before trial starts,Sky coming up for renewal?Huh
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Hi davecolley, Sorry to hear you missed the trial. There's not any further information on this at the moment. As soon as we know anything we'll let you know! Linn
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Gerry Mc, We've not got any further information regarding the trial. As soon as have any further information there will be an update.