cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help & Support Navigation

The Problem The Help & Support page is both a section index and a section in its own right. Therefore where should it appear in the tabbed navigation? Thanks to bradley8131 for raising this issue in the forums. The (possible) Solution(s)

1. Don't change anything and let users work out that they need to click on the 'Help & Support' tab to get back to the help index.
  2. Add a 'Help & Support' as a section alongside 'Service Status', 'Help Assistant' and 'My Questions'
  3. Add an image link to the help pages index in the right column similar to the current link to 'Help Assistant'
  4. Create a new Help & Support section index that links off to each of the sub sections (of which the current help pages index would be a new one).
Unfortunately none of these are fully satisfactory. The first option requires users to think too much and we all know that's not a good idea! The second creates two links that point to the same page and would be very confusing. The third would take up a lot of room if it has to be present on every page. The last option is the most logical and is consistent with the way the rest of the site is organised but unless it adds something useful then the index page just becomes an obstacle to reaching the support pages quickly. Eventually we plan to create a new help section index page that summarises your open tickets/questions and attempts to predict what you are looking for based on your viewing history... but we're not there yet. So over to you. What do you suggest?

0 Thanks
4 Comments
4 Comments
Kelly
Hero
Ideally option 4. I'm not actually sure how bad the fall out from option 2 is. Option 3 seems sensible and has no risk. Maybe doing 2 and 3 will be good enough for the moment?
petejackson
Grafter
We're going to roll with 2 as a quick fix..
Colin
Grafter
Option 2 for me...
Tamlyn1
Not applicable
Not very happy with that but I guess it will have to do for now. Is the custom support index page just an idea floating around or has it been given any serious thought?