cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple announces new iPod Nano & iTunes 8.0 at 'Let's Rock' (probably)

Until it actually happens no-one can be certain, but there've been enough runours and leaks to be fairly sure that later today (September 9th 10am Pacific time), Apple will announce some changes to the iPod line. This, at their 'Let's Rock' event at the Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco.  Over at MacRumours.com the 'Let's Rock' buzz is that:

• the iPod Nano is expected to have a new 'taller' design, have a better video display and be curvier
  • several iPods (Touch included) are expected to have price reductions
  • iTunes 8.0 is rumoured to have a new 'grid view' of albums, a 'Genius' sidebar and playlist, and a new groovy visualiser - hooray! (perhaps based on Magnetosphere?)
  • there are also suggestions that Apple could introduce the 2.1 iPhone firmware

So.. new iPods, new iTunes, that the erm.. let's rock! sorted then. Whilst it's highly unlikely that there there will be anywhere near as much media interest in this as there was when the Macbook teatray Air was announced earlier this year, this will be of interest to iPod fans, if only to see what your favourite folk will be wanting in their Xmas stocking this year.  And I'm certainly looking forward to playing with the new iTunes. Then, once they've sorted out the iPod line, perhaps Apple can turn its attention to the Macbook and Macbook Pro? C'mon guys., you know that's what everyone wants you to do. P-j  

0 Thanks
3 Comments
3 Comments
jnelson
Grafter
Its disappointing the Touch range isnt having a memory upgrade as for a video/music media player I dont think 32GB is all that (I only have 3GB left on my 30GB U2 iPod) - but I will be tempted to check out the new range now its a little slimmer and the price has been made more sensible. Im downloading iTunes 8 now, so wait with baited breath for how that has been improved Anyone else have any thoughts onn this?
awkelly1
Not applicable
I've just gave iTunes 8 a go. Genius bar took 3 hours to complete on 5000 tracks (approx), and has crashed 4 times whilst syncing my new iPod touch.
manora
Not applicable
What do you think of the new iPod Nano Chromatic.?? Seems a complete change from the shorter version. Is it just the colours that has changed or is there actually some substance behind the newer version. Am finding it hard to get a proper objective review of the ipod nano. I have only seem one half decent review at http://www.ipodreviews.co.uk would love to know what others think..