12. Plug one end of the DSL cable into the microfilter socket marked 'ADSL'. If you also want to use a telephone from the same socket, plug it into the microfilter socket marked 'Phone'. Plug the microfilter into your telephone socket. You'll need one microfilter for each device that uses your telephone line (Sky, fax, additional handsets).
18. The modem will now connect to your broadband service using the settings you've provided. This might take a few minutes to complete.
19. When the modem connects to your service you'll see a Congratulations screen. That's it, you're connected! To start using your service click on the Start Browsing button, or just open your web browser.
Your broadband settings will be saved in the modem, so that you will connect to your broadband service whenever the modem is switched on.
If your Quick Installation CD doesn't work, you can set up your modem using a web browser. You can use this method to update your modem settings after you have set it up, or access its Advanced Settings.
1. First connect your hardware following the above instructions. Open your web browser. In the Address line type in 192.168.1.1, then press Enter.
2. A login page will appear, enter the modem's administration username and password and click Log in. By default the details are:
3. From the ADSL setup page you can choose either the Setup Wizard or Manual Setup. Tick Manual Setup.
Your modem comes with a number of useful extra features. You can check the status of your connection and use the mantenance section to run a check of your modem if you experience problems with getting connected. To access these features, follow the first two steps of the Web based setup.
The following table explain what the modem's status lights mean:
If the Power light is not on:
Check the power adapter is plugged in. Check the cable is firmly seated in the back of the modem. Check the plug socket is switched on and working.
If the DSL light does not light up, or doesn't stop flashing:
Check your DSL cable connects your modem to the microfilter. Check that your microfilter is connected properly. It is important that you read Guide to fitting Microfilters. Interference caused by other devices on your telephone line are a common cause of problems.
If the LAN light doesn't light up:
Check the Ethernet cable is plugged into your modem. Check the Ethernet cable is plugged into a network socket on your computer. Check that the Ethernet cable on your computer is functional.
What the Status light means:
The status light will flash to indicate that a connection is active. The status light comes on when you first switch the modem on. If the light stays on this means that the modem has failed its internal test and should be restarted.