Setting up Outlook Express so that you can read USENET news is quick and easy to do. Read our guide to see how to.
Setting up USENET in Outlook Express
1. Open Outlook Express and click on Tools then Accounts.
2. Click on the News tab, then click Add and choose News.
3. Enter your name and click on Next.
4. Enter your email address and click on Next.
5. Type in the name of our news server - news.plus.net. Then click Next, finish and then close.
6. You will then be asked the following question "Would you like to download newsgroups from the news account you added?" Make sure that you are connected to Plusnet, then click Yes
7. To search for the Plusnet newsgroups, type Plusnet in the search field and all the Plusnet newsgroups will appear. Highlight the groups you wish to subscribe to, then click the Subscribe button and then OK.
8. You will now see the groups to which you subscribed in the left hand column. To view a group, simply double-click it.
9. To see the latest postings to a group, click on Tools then Accounts, and select Get Next 300 Headers.