cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolor 582n: Frequently asked questions

1. What's the IP address?

To connect and log in to your router, you'll need the IP address (keep reading to find out what to do with it).
Unless you've changed it, the address will be 192.168.1.254.

2. What are the router username and password?

The router username is 'admin' (without the quotes).
The password is your router's serial number.

• It's printed on the bottom of your router (pictured) and the included set up card
  • In this example, the router password would beCPYYWWPPXXX

The serial number is printed on the bottom of your router.

3. What are the wireless name (SSID) and wireless password?

If you'd like to change the wireless name or password, please see question 7.

The wireless name (SSID) starts withPlusnetWireless and has extra letters or numbers at the end, e.g. PlusnetWirelessVVVVV.
If you're still not sure, you'll find it on the on the bottom of your router and the included set up card.
Your wireless password (or key) is 10 characters long and is shown on the included setup sticker and the bottom of your router (see the wireless key pictured).
Wifi details

4. How do I log in to my router?

Step 1Open your web browser (This might beInternet ExplorerSafari or Firefox).
Ignore any websites (or error messages) that appear and enter the IP address of your router. As per question 1, this should be 192.168.1.254 unless you've changed it.
Enter the router IP into your web browser
Step 2You'll be asked for a username and password.
Use the Router Username and Router Password (as per question 2).
You'll be asked for a username and password. Use the Router Username and Router Password (as per question 2).
Step 3You'll see your router home page. The settings and features are shown on the left menu along with two extra categories.
Home will bring you back to this page and Help will show you more information about the settings you're looking at.
You'll see your router homepage (pictured). The settings and features are shown on the left menu along with two extra categories.<br>            Home will bring you back to this page and Help contains detailed information about the settings and features that are available.

5. Where can I find my line stats?

Step 1Line statistics and other information about your connection can be found in the Broadband Connection section.
To find this, follow the steps in question 4and select Broadband Connection from the home page menu.
The Broadband Connection Link
Step 2Broadband Connection is split into two areas:

• DSL Connection contains information about your telephone line and the connection between your property and the exchange
  • Internet contains information about the connection to our broadband network over your telephone line

You'll see a summary of both on theBroadband Connection page, clickView More if you want to see more.
The Broadband Connection section

6. How do I configure port forwarding, the firewall and other advanced settings?

Advanced settings for your router can be found in the Toolbox section. To find this, follow the steps in question 4 and click Toolbox on the home page menu. You'll now be able to check and change the settings for:

• Remote Assistance
  • Firewall
  • Dynamic DNS
  • Game & Application Sharing
  • Intrusion Detection
  • User Management
  • Content Sharing

Find out how to use each option in our Technicolor 582n: advanced settings guide.

7. How do I change the wireless settings?

There's more information on wireless settings in our Technicolor 582n: wireless settings guide.
Step 1These are in the Home Network section. To find this, follow the steps in question 4and click Home Network on the home page menu.The Broadband Connection Link
Step 2You'll see a diagram of the devices currently connected to your router.
Click WLAN: PlusnetWireless (where PlusnetWireless is the name of your wireless network).
You'll see a basic diagram showing the devices currently connected to your network.
Step 3Now you'll see an overview of the settings used by your wireless network.

• To change the settings clickConfigure
  • You can also see more detailed information by clicking Details

Now you'll see an overview of the settings used by your wireless network.

8. What are the lights on router telling me?

What the lights show differs between standard and fibre optic broadband.
Please see the appropriate setup guide for more information:

1. Standard broadband
  2. Fibre optic broadband

9. How do I 'factory reset' my router?

If you have any problems setting up your router, you can reset it and start again.
Use a paperclip, pen or pointed object to press into the reset pinhole on the back of the router. Keep the button pressed in for at least 7 seconds. When the power light goes red, release the button and wait until the power light turns green again.
From this point on, your router will be restored to 'Factory Settings' so you'll need to start again from the beginning of this guide.
0 Thanks
0 Comments