cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone area codes

sudworth

Telephone area codes

I have just moved to a new home and moved my PlusNet services.  My area code is not now the area that I live rather than one in Lincolnshire.  Has anyone else experienced this. PlusNet said they use the next available port.

4 REPLIES 4
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Telephone area codes

Welcome to the forum.  Smiley

Sorry, I'm not quite understanding the question. Can you elucidate further?

A typical area code will cover about ten exchange areas. If you move to an area with a different code, there's nowt you can do to change it.

"Next available port" is a term that would normally be associated with broadband rather than telephony.  Undecided

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

I'm really sorry to see what's happened.

I'm looking into this and I'll post back shortly.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@sudworth  Ah, I think I see what you mean now - apologies for being dim.

It'll be sorted now @Gandalf's on the case.  Smiley

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for waiting.

From what I can see, an adviser closed your house move ticket as complete by mistake when your order hasn't completed and incorrectly updated your account details. I've made sure feedback is passed on as this is something we take very seriously.

Having looked into your order, unfortunately our suppliers have advised us that we cannot provide you with a phone line at your new address, because this is an FTTP (Fibre To The Premises) only site.

However, records of your address Here indicate no broadband availability through our suppliers.

That said, I'd like to raise a pro-forma with our suppliers to query this further and confirm if the site is in fact an FTTP (Fibre To The Premises) only site.

Some of the information required on this form include a contact email address and telephone number for yourself, so before doing so I just want to make sure you'd be happy for me to pass these details on to Openreach and also request if possible that you provide us with a mobile number to add on as the contact number.

Please could you also confirm if there is currently an Openreach ONT (Optical Network Terminator) in your new property, if so please can you confirm the PON and LOS light status on the ONT (Not power lights) along with the serial number from the ONT.

Please can you provide any account sensitive information like a phone number to the ticket I've raised which you can view and reply to from Here.

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet