cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail only account requested, mailbox deleted

FIXED
ClaireF

Mail only account requested, mailbox deleted

I've just read an old post answered by @adamwalker please help!

I've been a loyal plusnet customer for 15 years but having just moved you couldn't offer me fibre broadband. I requested a mail only account which was raised on a ticket as a request. It's been my main mail account for all these years. Yesterday it was deleted along with the broadband account as human error so I was told. When I rang and got escalated I was told this has happened before and nothing can be done-that it can't be restored??  I've lost all of my email and all my logins for insurance, apps, banking now need to be changed. But then I read you've fixed it for others? Please help! Account was [Removed]. I loved the service you provided and was assured I could keep a mail only account. Thanks in advance.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

3 REPLIES 3
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Mail only account requested, mailbox deleted

Hi @ClaireF,

I sincerely apologise for the issue with your email address and I'm sorry to see that you needed to leave our services after such a long time.

Under these exceptional circumstances, I have raised the matter to a back-end team to attempt restoring your mail. The mail side of the account has been restored however, I'm afraid you will need to set up the mail addresses that you had previously before we can attempt to restore a snapshot of the emails that you used to have.

Please click here to set up the email addresses that you had then let us know once complete so we can pass this to the relevant team.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
ClaireF

Dear Jubby

Thank you so much. I have set up the mailbox as requested. I only need the mail from the last 6 months, the rest can be deleted as I have back up. I couldn't get into webmail to delete the rest before the product swap. Thank you very much for your help - Claire

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Fix

Hi @ClaireF,

We've put in a request to restore the mail from a previous snapshot to our Network Ops team, there's normally a relatively quick turn around on these so it should all be completed today, I'll let you know once we've got confirmation.