cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View my Usage - Has it stopped working?

petecov44
Grafter

Re: View my Usage - Has it stopped working?

Glad you sorted it. I was going to say is it TBB meter doing it's automated testing.
I have no usage at all for Thursday and a few GB for Friday, Just so you know
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: jim2009
I download AdwCleaner to scan and clean. It seems to have worked.

Thank you for sharing the info of AdwCleaner with us.  I downloaded, and run it on my W7 laptop as I was having serious issue/s when loading PN's portal/LRS.  After using it appears to have sorted the issue.  So, thank you very much.  Grin
petecov44
Grafter

If you get the situation where you type in an address and then it hangs it's either DNS or spyware..
Glad it;'s sorted Smiley
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Malwarebytes is another excellent package for dealing with Spyware stuff.
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Anotherone
Malwarebytes is another excellent package for ......Spyware stuff.

Thank you, noted, downloaded and saved.
jim2009
Dabbler

AdwCleaner was only partially successful. So I downloaded MalwareBytes - it found 3 PUPs AdwCleaner had missed and quarantined them. Seems OK now, fingers crossed!
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Thanks for letting us know about this jim2009.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
petecov44
Grafter

Not that it matters but do you have any data for Thursday just gone?
I did 350GB so I am glad you lost it lol Wink
Tomplus73
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Howdy,hopefully this is the right place to post this,but since the start of my new month (Oct 13th) the Usage page aint working.its got my previous 3 months worth,but nothin'  since.
Could someone at PN take a size 9 hammer,and give the misworking webpage a slight tap Smiley
Cheers,Mike
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

You can probably fix this problem yourself by logging into the router's web interface and clicking the disconnect button to disconnect from Plusnet. Wait a short time then click Connect to re-establish the connection.
This generally prods usage recording into working again, though there will be the usual delay before anything shows.
David
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi Mike,
This is a problem that we are aware of. The reset is taking a little bit longer than usual. I'll keep eyes on it and update you once it should be working again. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Tomplus73
Rising Star

Quote from: MattyC
Hi Mike,
This is a problem that we are aware of. The reset is taking a little bit longer than usual. I'll keep eyes on it and update you once it should be working again. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Matty

Ok,thanks for that,saw last nite that the page was "down for maintance"...................I expect you will have to use a bigger hammer !
Tomplus73
Rising Star

Quote from: spraxyt
You can probably fix this problem yourself by logging into the router's web interface and clicking the disconnect button to disconnect from Plusnet. Wait a short time then click Connect to re-establish the connection.
This generally prods usage recording into working again, though there will be the usual delay before anything shows.

Thanks for reply.........don't often "delve" into the router.............what I was planning to do,was switch it off for a few mins this am and see if that kick started it (works when I occasionally lose internet) but as u  may have seen above,they are still working on it, Cheers,Mike.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@Tomplus73
It would still be best to follow spraxyt's advice to see if it cures your immediate problem.
As you seem to be on a longish ADSL connection, just "switching off" is not the best of ideas - it's a bit of a sledge hammer job just to drop the PPP Internet session as you also lose sync with the exchange.
If you have other issues with your connection, it can cause the exchange DLM to thing you've had a dropped connection.
So even if you wish to resync (which will be best done in the daytime) ideally by staying off for 10 minutes at least, it's always best to log into the modem/router and Click Disconnect first. When you power up again and it's finished booting, log into it again and Click Connect.
Here is a guide on how to get there - ignore the bit about outages first, and as you are currently connected, the box will show "Disconnect" first. HTH.
Tomplus73
Rising Star

Quote from: Anotherone
@Tomplus73
It would still be best to follow spraxyt's advice to see if it cures your immediate problem.
As you seem to be on a longish ADSL connection, just "switching off" is not the best of ideas - it's a bit of a sledge hammer job just to drop the PPP Internet session as you also lose sync with the exchange.
If you have other issues with your connection, it can cause the exchange DLM to thing you've had a dropped connection.
So even if you wish to resync (which will be best done in the daytime) ideally by staying off for 10 minutes at least, it's always best to log into the modem/router and Click Disconnect first. When you power up again and it's finished booting, log into it again and Click Connect.
Here is a guide on how to get there - ignore the bit about outages first, and as you are currently connected, the box will show "Disconnect" first. HTH.

Thanks,but no-go I'm afraid..........got in, disconnected 10-15 mins.......re-connected.....................but 3 hrs later still showing nuthin'.
I know it says on the web page,leave 4 hours for readings, I normally find its recorded stuff I've done  after  30 mins or so...................................In another day.........or 6,see if I can update my signature thingy,it says 5.7Mbps download,I get about double that now. I put this on here in 2010,mangled it up abit and I think it was "oldjim" who kindly straightened it out for me...............................wonder if I can do it better this time !?