cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View my Usage - Has it stopped working?

drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: View my Usage - Has it stopped working?

Mine reset for the month on Sunday so there's only a few days there - all look normal.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I haven't had any usage since last Wednesday, according to the chart.  The wireless on my old Netgear router was playing-up so I turned it off between Wednesday night and Thursday morning and no usage has registered since. 
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Had SkyGo on for cricket virtually all day yesterday -0kB usage Grin
mhi
Grafter

To add my update to this topic - portal.plus.net/view_my_broadband_usage is showing 0KB for the last 8 days, from Monday 29 September until today. The correct figure should be MB or GB, not zero. This doesn't bother me too much, since I'm on an unlimited product, but something must have come unstuck inside PlusNet's recording and monitoring software.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi mhi,
I've added your account to the problem we have previously raised. Thank you for making us aware of this.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
jim2009
Dabbler

Yes I've had the same problem but only on the overnight usage.  on Sept 24 to Oct 2 inclusive. shows 0kb as well as today Oct 6. Not only that I think I am being overclocked. Each time I start my laptop and go online an extra 33MB or so is added. I'm on the 10GB limit. Please see my post under Plusnet Value (no phone)- possible overclocking.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for flagging this jim2009,
I'll add your account to the problem ID and we'll take a look at the thread you mention as we get to it.
BlackPearl
Grafter

My account only showed some usage data on the first day I went live (07/10/2014)
which was lower than I used and none for yesterday or today.
petecov44
Grafter

I'm glad mine is not showing up today, having done 1.7TB since the 28th 😕
never mind! via la unlimited FTTC Grin
jim2009
Dabbler

It's getting worse. Every time I switch the computer on, and then log on there is a mystery download of 32MB. At first i thought it maybe updates from Bullguard (antivirus) but they confirm their updates are only 100 kB or less!! I'm using TBB Meter. A short while  ago it was showing 70MB downloads - for a few seconds I looked at Google Playstore to check on Swiftkey. The TBB Meter had shot up to 159 MB !! I'm on Plusnet Value = 10GB per month. This problem started around 23 September 2014.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I'm not really sure what to suggest, jim2009.
We are unable to say from our side exactly what the usage is going on. You said it happened as soon as your laptop was switched on. I cannot help but feel that this may be relevant.
Is there any specific applications that you use that may automatically be opened whenever your laptop is switched on?
I'm glad to see on your account that it doesn't mean that you come close to your usage limit. Though I do understand that there is principle involved.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
x47c
Grafter

as soon as you switch on load up sysinternals' TCPview
That will tell you what process/program is doing the downloading look at the the received bytes column.
You will need to monitor it real time and make a note of it real time as once the process has stopped downloading and disconnected TCPview removes it from the display  - so it is not stored.
mind you if it is "only" 32MB and if you have a fast connection then by the time you have the program up and running the download may have been and done.
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Could he not disable his internet connection (pull wire out or turn off wifi) then switch on and see what's trying to connect, then run that program and restore the internet connection?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Use NetWorx/ - that records by application and should be loaded at startup.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jim2009
Dabbler

Solved the problem at last! The strange downloads were caused by malware called "Offer4U" - I'd run 2 full scans by Bullguard but had not detected it. I contacted them and advised I download AdwCleaner to scan and clean. It seems to have worked. My thanks to all who've given advice on the matter.