cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Rise Notification E-mail Timescale?

PLan2015
Grafter

Price Rise Notification E-mail Timescale?

How long will it take for everyone to get their price rise notification e-mail? I've been given various timescales - 5 weeks, 2 weeks, any time as long as 30 days notice has been met. Can't seem to get a detailed and definitive answer.  Huh
41 REPLIES 41
Estragon
Rising Star

Re: Price Rise Notification E-mail Timescale?

Is your line rental with Plusnet? If just broadband, like me, you won't get one.
PLan2015
Grafter

Yes, broadband and phone.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I've already had mine but last year IIRC mine arrived a month or so later than some.
catelliott
Grafter

Hi PLan2015,
You'll receive your email over the next few weeks, and it will give you a 30 day window before the price rise takes effect Smiley
PLan2015
Grafter

OK, thanks.
g1000
Grafter

The price rises are fixed for 2nd Sep. Plusnet can notify you any time, the latest being 30 days before the rise. People are getting it at different times, I don't have mine yet either. As soon as you get the email, you have a 30 day window to give notice of cancellation or switching.
PLan2015
Grafter

Still no e-mail, this is getting a bit tedious(even though I haven't made up my mind whether to stay or leave). I'm beginning to wonder whether people who are the newest signups are getting notified last despite being told random selection would be used?  Sad
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

If my calculation is correct it could be another week to give 30 days notice (I'd hope all the emails are sent and received before that though).
Still haven't had mine (as far as I can tell).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
sjptd
Grafter

Mine came on 22nd (Wednesday).  I don't know if it ties in in any way with payment days, but I get my regular 'about to charge' reminder emails on 26th, for payment on 29th.
My regular payment emails have been sent to both my Plusnet and my Gmail addresses.
However, the price increase warning (Important information about your Plusnet service)  was sent to my gmail address only.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I received the one for my mothers account that I administer on the 21st,  3 weeks after I got the one for my own account.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

With the amount of customers on dual play, we really are stretching out the emails as much as possible to limit the queues to COT.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
oldbaldeagle
Grafter

Thanks for bringing this up; I've seen what seem like loads posts complaining about a proposed price rise so was wondering when/if Plusnet would tell me about this.
Am I right in thinking I will have the following options?
- Put up and shut up
- Call Plusnet in the hope the phone will be answered and see if they want to retain me as a customer, but number do I call?
- Cancel and go elsewhere; I live in the wilds of rural Lincolnshire, so I appear to be limited to BT, John Lewis or the Post Office if I don't like Plusnet any more!
Any guidance would be gratefully received! 
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

@goldbaldeagle
Yes, one option is to do nothing.
The nice thing about this email is that it gives you a chance to either leave Plusnet penalty free, or renegotiate a new contract with Plusnet.
If you like Plusnet as a supplier, and you want to try and save some money, my suggestion would be to look around at alternative suppliers, and get a note of their package prices and details.
If you see what looks to be a cheaper deal than you have now, then call COT (Customer Options Team) on 0800 013 2632 and tell them you received your price rise email, and have seen a better deal that you are considering taking. See if they can match it. My experience is that they usually do.
If, on the other hand, you don't like Plusnet as a supplier, this is your chance to leave your contract early without penalty.
Either way, you have the upper hand.
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Do price rises also apply to those on a fixed contract ?
We are born into history and history is born into us.