cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Move (Tel/Fttc) - whats process ?

StuartUK35
Grafter

Home Move (Tel/Fttc) - whats process ?

For arguments sake, work on the basis I have no clue how anything works....
For a customer to move tele/fibre from 1 house to the next, is it a simple process ? ie, the part involving BTOR as well as PN....
Scenario:
House move, staying in same exchange, but moving 3 streets away, from Cab 29 to 27....
Both cabs have Fibre, current house has fibre, house moving to, customers had fibre (until last week when they moved out)..
So should the need for 5 days downtime be normal for a house move ?  Talk me through the process or what happens, etc ?
2 REPLIES 2
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Home Move (Tel/Fttc) - whats process ?

Hi there,
The geographical difference has no effect at all. If you were moving from Penzeance to the Highlands, it'd be the same as moving next door.
We'd aim to place a cease at your old property for the day that you're leaving, and aim to activate the line in the new place for the same day. What could stop this from happening is engineer lead times, delays in provision, telling us about the house move a bit too late etc. If this happens, we'd refund the downtime in between.
In your case, it seems like there was a pending cease in your new property which was stopping us from proceeding with the order. It's resulted in a slightly late provision so I'll make sure that the downtime gets refunded for you.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
StuartUK35
Grafter

Re: Home Move (Tel/Fttc) - whats process ?

cheers matty, my gripe was originally the 'visit' being the day after I originally asked for weeks ago, although that is resolved now anyway...
I was just curious, in an OpenReach term, of how they handle the move Smiley