cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Rise Notification E-mail Timescale?

sjptd
Grafter

Re: Price Rise Notification E-mail Timescale?

Pretty much so,  I think Plusnet provides John Lewis broadband.
The number to ring is 0800 432 0200.  
0800 013 2632 is another one that is meant to be more direct, I still got numbers to punch in and a longish wait.
BT has pretty good deals at the moment, especially if you go via cashback.  If you don't the rates are worse as well as not getting cashback.
£10 per month for 40/10, telephone about the same as Plusnet, and over £100 cashback.
It looks as if those have got worse on Quidco since yesterday, even though yesterday they were showing 4 days to go.  Sadly, now £20 for unlimited 40/10.
However, still £10 via Topcashback with £157.50 chasback.  1 day 6 hours to go?
Estragon
Rising Star

Quote from: oldbaldeagle
... so I appear to be limited to BT, John Lewis or the Post Office if I don't like Plusnet any more!
Any guidance would be gratefully received!   

The price rises are to the Plusnet line rental and the call packages. If you don't have your line rental with Plusnet the rises don't apply to you.
I strongly recommend against the Post Office. Their service is provided through TalkTalk.
If on a TalkTalk LLU'ed exchange it is fine. If it isn't, which your post suggests, you get their out of area badly resourced BT Wholesale ADSL Max  service. From what I see said, it will work for emails and ordinary browsing, but you could forget about catchup TV or and possibly have trouble watching Youtube videos.
John Lewis is run by Plusnet but apparently different product specs and a high level of CS.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

I echo what Estragon said about TalkTalk's BT Wholesale ADSL Max service. This is what I had before joining Plusnet and it was absolutely awful. Come peak times, you could hardly do anything (certainly not TV streaming or anything like that). It ran reasonably well at off peak times, but that isn't much good if you want to come home from work and stream a movie in the evening. These problems are before you even throw TalkTalk's terrible customer service into the mix.
All my own opinions of course.
CroydonGeorge

I've tried to notify PlusNet, by phone,  that I shall be leaving.  For three days I've waited, giving up after around 20 minutes.  This evening, after checking the opening times (up to 10 pm) I finally got through after 23 minutes at about 8.05 p.m.  Went through the 'security' checks. Said I wanted to give notice of leaving.  Oh dear, silly me.  The person I needed finishes at 8 p.m.- please ring back tomorrow.  How lovely.
No way do I want to stay with PlusNet.  I've started the sign up process with SSE and in my mind it's a no brainer.  £12 a month for line rental and FREE broadband for 18 months, with only a 12 month contract.
Beat that Mr. We'll do You Proud. 
PlusNet seems to have shot themselves in the foot by bumping up the line rental. It gets me out of a 2year contract with no penalty, so cheers Mr. We'll do You Proud.  Too right matey, cheery bye the noo.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

@CroydonGeorge - Well I'm sorry we left a sour taste in your mouth, though I do wish you all the best going forward. Let me know if you have any further problems whilst still with us.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Matty,
Considering how competitive the market place is, has anyone at PN Towers thought this price rise through properly?
PlusNET has set an artificial target of achieving a 1m customer base.  It has spent a fortune trying to achieve that - advertising and Cashback deals the vaule of which was greater than the contract period revenues.  Now under Ofcom rules such new users can depart without penalty, meaning they got their Cashback and do not even have to stay the course.  It is crass stupidity.
What is the attitude of the decision makers? "We will just screw-over the good loyal long term users who value the PlusNET relationship or just cannot be bothered with the hassle of moving?".
There has been no attempt to position the new prices and package offer against the rest of the market - the SSE package looks highly attractive - surely that Is the way to grow market share, rather than make changes which are sure to lose hard won customers?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

AndyH
Grafter

I would be shocked if more than 0.1% of customers left as a direct result of the price increase.
ramissin
Grafter

Quote from: CroydonGeorge
I've started the sign up process with SSE and in my mind it's a no brainer.  £12 a month for line rental and FREE broadband for 18 months, with only a 12 month contract.

Wow good deal!, I just checked and if I'm right I can save around £10 to £12 a month for the Broadband / Talk Anytime & Mobile offer.
I've had no real issues with PN, but I can't ignore a saving like that.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

If what I read on the BT Forum, that there are discrepancies in the rates quoted in what they have published and whatis in the emails sent to customers about phone costs, is true, will PN have to follow thwir leader and make a worse mess? Roll_eyes
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
mlmclaren
Grafter

I was expecting emails for both my Plusnet accounts by now, but nothing yet....
I've already ordered my new connection so Plusnet will be getting its notice soon enough!
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

No notification yet for me either (also checked PN member centre for tickets).
I'm sure the notification will arrive some time but what happens if I don't get notification?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

If you haven't been notified they can't raise your price... 
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I'd wish.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

They have to give 30 days notice of a price rise, if you haven't had the notice (and there's no evidence that they tried ie ticket) then the price can't go up...
PLan2015
Grafter

Quote from: The
I was expecting emails for both my Plusnet accounts by now, but nothing yet....
I've already ordered my new connection so Plusnet will be getting its notice soon enough!

I'm still waiting too, I assume they absolutely must arrive in the next few days?