cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We're supporting Digital Inclusion at the ISPAs

the_ispas2In the UK today, around 10 million people still have no internet access.  And of those people, 4 million are counted amongst the most vulnerable and isolated –the very ones who are most likely to benefit from being online. We’d like to help as many as possible get online. But it’s a huge challenge. That’s why this year we’re proud to be sponsoring a prestigious ISPA award. The award, given for Digital Inclusion, recognises the company, person or project that’s done the most to help get those vulnerable people online. The award also ties in with the Race Online 2012 initiative (http://raceonline2012.org/) which gives helpful advice on how you, or your company, can help.  It can be as simple as spreading the word to others, or you could do more by arranging events, training people, and making donations. We’ll give you more information about the ISPA awards nearer the time – we’re up for Best Consumer Customer Service ISP, so hopefully our support team will have even more cause for celebration soon…

0 Thanks
9 Comments
9 Comments
Teds31
Grafter
As a tuor at a local charity ,we teach older people on the use of computers,these are some people who would benefit from internet access to releave lonelyness when housebound. But they are not alone there are a lot of households who cant afford either the computer or the internet access,and this reflects on the childrens education.In the present financial climate I cant see much improvement in the near future.
S_Taylor
Not applicable
Im unspeakably grateful to Plusnet for getting me back onto home Broadband after I was horrifically mistreated by TISCALI UK LTD, one of the bigger (not the biggest, NPower take that crown by a mile!) bunch of ill-educated halfwitted *crooks this country has suffered from Government tolerance of. Tiscali not only sold me a service that *didnt exist* (..called BBMAX; it was £25.99 at a time their website clearly showed only 3 options; £14.99, £19.99 £24.99, no £25.99 anything; They had to be incessantly harassed to get them to send me a modem/software, they didnt *ever* send me a Username/Password so I never EVER had access to Broadband; fictional deal or otherwise. What they did manage however was to charge me £120+ for this non existent package deal, and when I refused to pay that - they cut off my home landline permanently and refused to reinstate it OR hand the line over to anyone else who could give me BB+outgoing calls. This landline was also my business landline. That's the sort of **** you're up against in the UK now regarding Broadband. Its nothing to do with people's finances. Half the population hasnt got access simply because people like Tiscali UK exist. WELL DONE PLUSNET! Affordable, reliable, honest, excellent comms & **customer care!
Tony3
Not applicable
I have asked Plus Net on several occasions for some kind of help, no response!! I am about to start a scheme similar to Teds31, village hall 12 laptops and in need of a provider
Teds31
Grafter
Hi Tony, where are you have you tried the Local Authority,we get lots of help from the local library service,but we are also a well established charity with local funding.I should tell you I'm in an area of Leeds. Ted.
kopperdrake
Grafter
I have to say, being on the end of a very long rural line, that plus.net have been fantastic at getting my connection sorted. It was a painful process, not due to any part on plus.net's side but to BT and the system we run in this country, but the end result is a speed from 256kbps to 1Mb kbps and less drop-outs. I can't thank the plus.net technical support enough...thumbs up from us here Smiley
Andrew7
Not applicable
Why worry about them, what about the customers of Plusnet who pay for a service but get no e-mail access? By the way, avoid TalkTalk like the plague - they are even worse. I have been lied to repeatedly from stating that I did not owe a leaving fee to then being e-mailed to say that they were going to steal (not quite their words) almost 200 GBP from my account. Without access to my paid for service I am feeling vulnerable and isolated so make that 4 million and one Smiley
bobpullen1
Not applicable
@Andrew, are you having email problems then? Happy to take a look into it if you can provide me with a support ticket reference?
chooch
Not applicable
Just to say that I have been with PlusNet for almost 2 months and think they are the best ISP by far. I have had problems with connection but they have tracked me down to one of my phones and discussed the matter with me. I have been offline for 4 years due to maltreatment! by other ISPs such as Bulldog, AOL and Tiscali. My fear is that PlusNet will be taken over by a bigger company at sometime and inferior service resumed (I hope not). Well done PlusNet, you have proven that being online at home with a decent service is possible in 3World UK.
bobpullen1
Not applicable
"My fear is that PlusNet will be taken over by a bigger company at sometime and inferior service resumed (I hope not)." @chooch, BT have owned us for the last three years so I don't think there's any risk of this happening any time soon! Wink