cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet voted 'Best value for money' - Broadband Choices Customer Satisfaction Awards 2012

Plusnet voted 'Best value for money' - Broadband Choices Customer Satisfaction Awards 2012

Broadband Choices awards logo. After scooping Best Broadband Supplier of the Year‘ at the Computer Shopper awards a few weeks ago, we're pleased to discover that we've done pretty well in this year's Broadband Choices customer satisfaction awards too. Plusnet was named top dog in the ‘Best Value for Money’ and ‘Speed of Activation’ categories. Just missing out on the top spot, we were also awarded the runner up prize in a further six categories including Overall Winner, Quality and Reliability, Customer Service and Broadband Speed ... This really places Plusnet up there with some of our major competitors and shows that we're capable of giving the larger providers a 'reet good run for their money' There were over 11,000 respondents took part in the Broadband Choices annual survey this year. The full round up and press release can be found over on Broadband Choices website.

0 Thanks
26 Comments
26 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link not working. 404 Page Not Found Sorry..... The page you are looking for cannot be found
Anonymous
Not applicable
Congratulations BTW.
Kelly
Hero
I feexed the link
Andy_Tate
Not applicable
Well my recent experience of activation time with PlusNet would not qualify for "top dog" as you quote in your post. 16 days after ordering (and being charged for) adding Home Phone to my broadband nothing much had happened. On sign up the confirmation screen says within 7 to 10 days it should be completed. So after 16 days (I give them a little longer) I ask what is happening and I am told something has gone wrong with the PlusNet systems, the transfer request was not placed, and it will now take an ADDITIONAL 15 days to complete. So having carefully planned my transfer to finish before my prepaid 12mth BT line rental expired I now have to pay BT for another month at the full monthly rate and hope this time PlusNet delivers. Despite explaining this situation to PlusNet I have had no offer of compensation for my extra expense due to their system failure. Just a suggestion I contact BT to find out what I will be paying them for the extra time I am with them.... You would hardly believe that PlusNet are owned by BT.
jonathan_whiteh
Not applicable
I'm not very happy with plus net.We have had no end of problems with our internet connection.For the last 18 month's, Yes that's EIGHTEEN MONTH'S we have had internet disconnection's with our Xbox's and laptop's. Microsoft have said it's not at there side(Xbox)and Plus net have said it's not there fault ether. So what do i do?? Iv'e had 3 new router's and a BT engineer out to check the line (no fault found) but we are still getting NO were...We had NO Problems with sky,so if not sorted out soon we will be heading back to SKY..
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Hi Jonathan, sorry to hear that, have you a recent fault ticket reference you can provide me with so that I can take a look at your account?
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Andy, BT Retail and ourselves operate entirely independently of each other. If BT are charging you for service that they'll not be providing then I'd suggest having a word with them about a partial refund or similar. I'm sure they'll be accommodating if you're outside of your annual contract. Might be worth dropping @BTCare a tweet if you come up against any resistance. Sorry to hear about the delay in activation. Problems do occur from time to time (phone/broadband can be a complex beast at times) but our systems should have notified us of any problems that had occurred with your order.
S_W_Smith
Not applicable
After yet another 18 hours disconnected without warning I've had enough. I'm going elsewhere.
Andy_Tate
Not applicable
Bob, You have not fully understood my complaint. BT will not be charging us for a service they are not providing (unless we find we have to pay for FULL months rental with no refund for partial months use after the transfer occurs). BT are in fact continuing to provide my telephone service - the problem is I will no longer be getting it at the discount rental price based on 12mths upfront payment to BT as that has now expired, and because of the delay introduced by PlusNet systems failure I will not be getting it at the PlusNet 12mth upfront payment rates as I should now be doing. I had carefully timed the transfer, and even contacted PlusNet and spoken to an advisor on the phone, to make sure that the transfer occured before my BT 12mths rental expired and to occur just a few days before my monthly BT billing date. PlusNet have also told me that the automated transfer request only works 95% of the time - SO WHY DON'T THEY HAVE A MANUAL BACKUP IN PLACE to check for these expected 5% of failures ?? In summary I will have to pay extra because of PlusNet system failures and PlusNet are offering no compensation for this fact. Not even by way of a short period of free line rental. So no "top dog" rating from me on customer service as I said in my first post. BTW we have been a happy broadband customer of PlusNet for many years and finally decided to move our phone service over as well - we are not a new customer who would also qualify for months of half price rental offers.
bobpullen1
Not applicable
@S W Smith, we haven't had any service-wide outages that have lasted 18 hours so your problem must be specific to your individual circuit. There's no way we can provide advance notice of this. If you've a recent fault ticket reference then I'll happily take a look and see if there's anything I can do to help? @Andy, the difference between BT's monthly line rental charges and the equivalent up front payment rate is less than £4 (that's for the whole month too). If you then compare BT's rates to ours then what you're talking about is a negligible amount? Regardless, if you let me know what your account username is (or provide me with a recent support ticket reference) then I'll apply a little credit to your account as a goodwill gesture. The provisioning engine is complex. We do have fallback for certain failed journeys but some are very tricky to deal with gracefully I'm afraid.
Superted
Dabbler
COMPLAINING ON THE CELEBRATION PAGE! HOW UNDERHANDED!
cmarks
To Andy Tate - come on - at worst you are going to be about £3 worse off - is that really enough to cause a major upset? In my eyes that is little price to pay to finally get out of using BT and being able to talk to a helpdesk that speak and understand English.
keith4x4
Grafter
Mr Frisbee as you have so much spare cash why don't you pay Andy the difference ££. A fail is a fail! jonathan whitehead I know the feeling of getting no where fast. Bob Pullen if you would like to try and prove that PN have a "Quality and Reliability, Customer Service and Broadband Speed" Then I have call references for you going back to last year
bobpullen1
Not applicable
@keith4x4, if you've a problem you think I can help you with then feel free to provide me with any of those references and I'll take a look.
keith4x4
Grafter
Bob Pullen Please advise how I am to contact you with the call reference numbers?
bobpullen1
Not applicable
You can post it here or private message me over on the Community discussion forums.
Dick_Baker
I have just had couple of helpdesk sessions with Customer Services and Customer Options, and can state that these guys definitely know the technical and admin stuff as well as being understandable (rival concerns via offshore call-centres often particularly incomprehensible). Having an 0800 (freephone) access number particularly welcome (especially on rare/busy times being queued). My local BT exchange here in Kent unfortunately not in cheap zone (Market-3), but I have received solid connection throughout on boring copper. Plaudits guys!
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Thanks for the positive feedback Dick Smiley
John_Goddard
Not applicable
All i can say in defence of Plusnet is that i have been with them for 16 months and have never had a problem. Service is spot on, internet connection is very good with a high speed and if there are ever any niggles, customer service sort it out very quickly & efficiently. I would not hesitate to recommend Plusnet to anybody and have done so already. Top service and great value. Well done, guys!!
valjon2001
Not applicable
why don't plusnet tell you when you take out a package with them that you will be charged double fees for line rental and phone, my phone bill has come in higher than talktalk ever did, any more of this and i shall be returning to previous provider. £54 a month is a bit rich. especially as i use my mobile most. first month just under £19 and now this. told by customer services this is normal and double charges do apply so that i am a month in advance i hope.
bobpullen1
Not applicable
That doesn't sound right to me John. If you can supply me with a recent support ticket reference or your account username then I'll take a look and see what's going on.
alspraycan
Not applicable
Hi i recently had a problem with my phoneline which took just short of three weeks to repair in which time i had no home phone service and no broadband service,when the repair was finally finish i was told to ring back to claim compensation which i did today after being transfered twice the line went dead so i redialled and was met with a very unhelpful man whose attitude was plainly that i was after something for nothing (not the case)i was then offered £10 for my inconvenience and lose of service......very dissappointed with the atitude more that the compensation which is woeful......poor Plusnet. Alan Condron
chrispurvey1
Not applicable
Hi Alan, Sorry to see that you had a fault, faults do occur from time to time and its not just how we resolve it but also how we deal with your dissatisfaction of having a fault, apologies that you feel disappointed after speaking with my colleague. he will only have been able to refund for the time you were without your services, I'd be more than happy to dig the call out to listen to and see how he went about it. I've created a ticket on your account(#63481395) regarding this, which you can view at https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search
alspraycan
Not applicable
Hi Chris and thanks for your responce,i understand that things can go wrong and also take time to repair via BT, this wasn't my main concern in writing this comment it was the attitude of your staff on answering my call today which i found to be very unhelpful and verging on rude. i will also say that my dealing with plusnet over the passed twelve months have very good hence my shock with todays conversation,i would like you to listen to todays call and make your own judgement. ps i am not just looking for you to agree with me as far as i am concerned the matter is finished.Thanks Alan Condron
Alun_Jones
Not applicable
I've just moved from plusnet to sky broadband and received an email from plusnet 14th December 2011 informing me that my account would close on 21st December,the following day, 12 December I could not access my plusnet email account, you closed my account 1 week earlier than you said you would, so I lost a weeks Emails, other ISP's still let you access your old Emails after leaving but not Plusnet I did hope that one day I might go back to plusnet but not now.
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Just looked at your account and I'm struggling to see why the account closed early :\ It was scheduled for the 14th but closed on the 7th by the looks of things. Your email account can be reactivated if needs be but I suspect it's a little late for that now Sad