cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet is Which? Recommended for fourth consecutive time!

Plusnet We can today reveal that Plusnet has been named as a Which? recommended supplier for a fourth consecutive time! But there’s more: Results released today from the latest Which? survey, recommend Plusnet not only in the ‘Broadband Only’ category but also in the ‘Phone & Broadband’ category. Plusnet Scored a fantastic 76% in the ‘Broadband Only’ category and an amazing 78% in the ‘Phone and Broadband’ category! The survey asks Which? readers and customers to rate suppliers for reliability, value for money and customer service. This will give us two lovely shiny, new ‘Which? Recommended’ logos to proudly display! To become a “Which? Recommended Provider” a product must receive an overall score of at least 70% in the consumer survey. Which? is the largest consumer body in the UK, with over 650,000 members. It is a registered charity and completely independent.

0 Thanks
27 Comments
27 Comments
Truthteller
Not applicable
BETTER THEN BAD ISP LIKE,,,,,,,,BT,,,SKY,,,VIRGIN,,,,TALK TALK,,,,. WHICH? KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT AND AWARDED PLUSNET FOR THE FOURTH YEAR......NO SURPRISE TO ME OR MOST PLUSNET CUSTOMERS... WELL DONE TO ALL THE PLUSNET TEAM.
Geordiegal1
Not applicable
Keep it up plus net!! Hopefully in the future you will become a well known ISP like Virgin and Sky & TalkTalk even perhaps BT!!
andy_thompson
Not applicable
plus used to be a great co. but going downhill fast. ordered FTTC was given a appointment. confirmed etc. waited in all day no engineer. was then told a mistake had been made. i lost £150! was offered an apppt 10 days hence. still on adsl but already receiving emails telling me i now on fttc, presumably from billing dept. they are on the ball at least. get your act together plusnet and stop those stupid condescending tv ads, we do all know you now owned by BT. please stop behaving like them.
N_RUUD
Not applicable
Well done to Plusnet, the Which rating is the reason I contracted with Plusnet two years ago, and the customer service is the reason I continue to stay with Plusnet. Having lived 8 years in the USA where customer service is vastly superior to the UK, Plusnet are definitely on par with US levels. Keep it up!
bitter_n_twiste
Not applicable
dont ever move or try to leave, they are an absolute joke.......are you SKY Iin disguise?????????????
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Hi Andy, sorry to hear of your problems. Your account is automatically activated the day we expect the Openreach engineer visit. Sounds like this was done early in your case. Apologies for the confusion and apologies for any loss of earnings. If you can provide me with your account username or a recent support ticket reference then I'll happpily take a look and see if there's anything I can do for you. I'll also make sure you've not been charged for the period of time prior to the installation. @bitter'n'twisted, whilst it would be wonderful if everyone kept their service with us, it sounds like you've had a bad experience. Anything I can help with? Thanks to everybody else for their encouraging comments Smiley
Blondie
Not applicable
Appalled by the disgraceful customer service. Cancelled plusnet service - was with waitrose when it started and moved when plusnet was running waitrose when cheaper. Forgot to mention customer service doesn't exist.. What a joke winning Which award. Out of 10. Nil. Took 2.50 hours and kept on line for 45 minutes waiting to make a payment. Not once. Three times and then promised call back never happened. Mac code issued. Enough said.
Simon_B__amp__A
Not applicable
I feel extremely frustrated and angry, I have been trying all day yesterday and to started again this morning to contact plusnet to discuss the service and billing(I have been charged up to £65 for just my broadband) but between having to wait up to 30 minutes, being cut off, not being understood and you apparently not accepting emails or at least stating that this isn\'t a good way to contact you. As a communication company I am dismayed at how poor plusnet are at communication. I now wish to end my contract with this company as they have offered no opportunities to discuss the service and my issues. I will be moving to another provider.
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Sorry to hear that Simon. We don't communicate via email however you can raise a support ticket using the Help Assistant on our website - http://contactus.plus.net If you've a recent support ticket reference you can provide me with then I can certainly take a look and see if there's anything I can do to help? If you are wanting to cancel then you will need to call through to our Customer Options Team. Either that or write to us via snail mail - http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml
bobpullen1
Not applicable
@Blondie, sorry to hear we let you down. Sounds like you've moved on but if there's anything I can help you with then let me know. All the best with your new provider Sad
Eve
Not applicable
I find it incredulous that after being with you for we'll over a year I have to pay a cessation fee because I have moved out of my house into my parents, so cannot take the service with me! I also think that your customer services team should write their emails in clear plain English!! One very disgruntled ex customer who certainly will not be recommending you to anyone! Steer clear!
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Hi Eve, The cessation fee is a Wholesale charge that's passed down from BT Wholesale. As a company we actually get charged more than £25 to terminate your service. If somebody is moving in after you then they could migrate the service to avoid paying the cessation fee. There's more info about it over on our website here - http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/billing/cessation_charges.shtml
BRIANDEWS
Not applicable
Hi all I would like to give people my honest opinion on PLUSNET.From day one I had problems right from making my order,but I will say this it is easy to get in touch with customer services and the problems are sorted very quickly.Now all the teething problems are sorted I am completely happy.
Craig_Mansell
Not applicable
Would not ever trust this company again. They have lied and given me excuses for six months over a line fault that still is not fixed! You can tell Plusnet is a BT company same crap service!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY !!!
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Hi Craig, sorry to hear you've been having problems for such a long period of time :( We'd have nothing to gain from lying to you, or intentionally delaying the resolution of your fault. Whilst I'm sure we're doing what we can, I'll happily take a look and see if there's anything I can do to help? I'd just need you to provide me with a recent support ticket reference from your account.
Jennifer_walker
Not applicable
Been on hold the support helpline to obtain MAC key for 24 mins & 09 secs still no one answering.
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Did you get sorted in the end Jennifer?
koffman
I've not found Plusnet very user friendly. When I ring I often get cut off before I even speak to anyone. I had drop out It took ages before it was all sorted and the new router was plugged into the main BT socket I can't always get on line via wi fi I been changing the channel when I can get on line but at the moment that isn't helping Yet again today I've not been able to get on the http://192.168.1.254 to change the channel I've pressed the reset button as I wanted a password we could remember without having to find the file with the info on My friends can't log onto our wi fi when they come round The Thomson router for wi fi is often a waste of time So I bought 2 wi fi extenders for upstairs and downstairs and 4 home plugs Rang this afternoon to discuss various things Was on the phone for 7 mins 32 seconds then the line went dead I rang back Now they've told me they wont speak to me as I don't pay the bill. My husband is not computer literate. I do all what is necessary, he just pays for it. I want to change to another provider as what we have is driving me insane I've been persuaded by different people to sick with PlusNet as they've found them good ~ I don't find that helpful I just want a system that will give us a signal throughout the house I want to be able to talk or email someone when I have a problem I've got names for good routers I've been told of other service providers that have good customer service I want to use fibre optics which a friend who lived less than a mile away uses and says it's brilliant I want info regarding unlimited broadband, but I'm not allowed to ask as I don't pay the bill I want information Then I ask friends Then I speak to my husband and present him with the info All a waste of time if I can't speak or email anyone It's now 17:44 and I have to sort out dinner (lucky me) The Mrs It's amazing how angry you can get when real humans advertise they are there to help and are wonder but in reality aren't
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Hi koffman, we've tested our routers extensively for wireless reach/range and signal quality alongside alternatives and we're yet to find any significant deficiencies. If you're struggling I would certainly suggest the Powerline route (it's what I use) and there may be a few tips here that are of interest - http://community.plus.net/blog/2012/05/15/guest-blog-how-to-boost-wireless-connectivity/ Regarding our refusal to speak to you. If you ask your husband to contact us then he can request that you're added as an authorised user so that you can contact us directly about account specific things should you need to.
Joanne_Koffman
Not applicable
Hey guess how long I had to wait before my husband found time to ring and tell you I'm a real person. I've just tried to submit yet another ticket advising you I can't log onto Address http:\\192.168.1.254 to change the channel but it doesn't appear to be sending Well I'm now back on line and I can switch my iPad games off
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Joanne, it's *very* odd if you're unable to get to the router interface despite being able to get onto the Internet? After all, your outbound Internet traffic has to go via the router. If there's a problem contacting that then you'd expect Internet connectivity to be affected to. I'd be interested to see the state of your computer's network adapter when you're experiencing this problem. To get this information on a Windows machine, you would click Start, type 'cmd' into the search field (minus quotes) and press Enter. In the command window that appears type 'ipconfig /all' (minus quotes) and press Enter again. You should see something like this: Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros L1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Ba se-T Controller Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1B-FC-8E-**-** DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.100(Preferred) Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254 DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 212.159.6.10 8.8.8.8 NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled You can copy and paste that info by right-clicking, left-clicking 'Mark' then highlighting the text and right-clicking it once. That will copy it to your clip-board. You can then paste the text into a reply here. Are you in a position to try another router? Have we offered to replace the one you currently have?
hazel1
Not applicable
It seems when Plusnet works it is fine but when it doesn't it can be difficult getting it sorted. I have been trying to help my sister who has had no internet access since 26 march 2013 when download speed dropped to around 0.3 mbs (fromn 12mbs). Customer support reps were of variable quality, some sort of helpful others flippant and not interested. Plusnet kept saying it must be a fault at her end as line speed checked out at their end. She got the PC techie who supports her little system round to verify it was all set up correctly and there were no faults at her end and he even phoned PlusNet to tell them this. Then they decided it was a BT related problem, probably at the exchange and referred it to BT wholesa;e who said it was a Plusnet problem. So she was stuck in the middle. At this point she wrote a formal letter of complaint to PlusNet which resulted in intermittant messages being left on her answerphone saying faults had a 72 hour response time. Eventually someone did phone, from the PlusNet faults team and indicated that they were struggling with BT related issues due to the slow service being provided by BT wholesale. Currently she is still in the same position as she was on 26March ie download speed of 0.4mbs.
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Hi Hazel, sorry to hear of your sister's troubles. If you've one of her fault ticket references to hand then I'll happily take a look and see if there's anything I can do to help.
Karen_Shaw
Not applicable
new customer here, as in very very new as in only 35 minutes, been on the phone 25 minutes of that newness wanting to check a problem with the potential cost and still no answer, have just moved from my ISP of 8 years for this very same reason, perhaps I was better of staying with "the devil I know" rather than the one I don't!
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Hi Karen, sorry to have kept you waiting. Did you end up getting an answer to your questions?
sharon_brown
Not applicable
My 'cooling off period' finished before my broadband service even began, an absolute joke. How is that legal? As a result i am on the wrong package, paying extra for exceeding my limit and unable to switch to the right tarrif for me (unlimited) at a decent price. I will be getting ALL my friends and family to leave plusnet as soon as their contracts end.
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Hi Sharon, I don't see why you're unable to upgrade to Unlimited. Happy to look into it if you're able to provide me with some means of identifying your account (username or recent support ticket reference).