cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet: Cheapest per additional GB

Over the course of last year, we saw a number of nominations and three awards being presented to us. This time, we've been named in a slightly different category. Point Topic has produced a report showing PlusNet as being the cheapest ISP to buy additional usage from on a Pay As You Go product, such as our Broadband Your Way product line. Our prices have been calculated in line with current BT Wholesale pricing and expected pricing changes until the end of 2008. We're very glad to see that our products are being recognised as being competitive within the industry and should there be any subsequent changes to BT Wholesale's pricing model you can rest assured we shall make corresponding changes to our prices. Our intelligent traffic management platform enables us to make the most efficient use of our available network capacity, allowing us to provide better value for our customers.

0 Thanks
7 Comments
7 Comments
Grafter
PN is 1.80 per gig additional usage, 1.50 pre pay. NewNet is 1.60 per gig additional, 1.40 pre pay. Plusnet isn't the cheapest.
Not applicable
The £1.50 & £1.80 that you refer to is for 2GB chunks on Pro and PAYG. Single GB chunks on BBYW1-4 are 75p & £1.
Grafter
Oh yes, I should have said per 2GB. Newnet is cheaper though I think, at 70p per single gig. so why does that survey say PN is cheaper?
Grafter
The 70p is per extra gig is on the up to 24 meg service with NewNet. I like PN, so I'm not picking a fight. It's just that PN are not the cheapest. That survey is wrong.
Not applicable
On their LLU products you are right. However when comparing like for like on IPStream Max the pricing is as follows. Want more bandwidth?** Additional pre-paid bandwidth 1GB £1.40 I think that the article is indeed correct.
Grafter
But it says on the 24meg home service on NewNet "70p per gig" for the extra. What does that mean then? I don't understand now.
Not applicable
Newnet only have the 24Mbps service on a few isolated exchanges. Because they have their own equipment at the exchange, bandwidth provision is much cheaper. Interestingly, someone else has blogged about this here: http://thehermesproject.blogspot.com/2008/01/isps-starting-to-charge-for-usage.html