cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Home Phone Offer

New Home Phone Offer

New Home Phone Offer

We're pleased to announce a new offer for customers taking up our broadband and Evenings and Weekends Home Phone service, exclusively through moneysupermarket.com, launching on Monday 27th October. edit: We're now running this offer exclusively through uSwitch, one of our other affiliate partners. This will run from Monday 3rd November. Existing broadband customers can take this offer also, please see below for details. This offer is available to anyone taking Broadband Your Way Options 2 or 3, and will see the price of our Home Phone Evenings and Weekends product reduced to £1.99 a month for three months if taking a 12 month contract. Our Home Phone product offers a competitive alternative to the likes of Tiscali, TalkTalk and Virgin, and gives the added convenience of one bill each month. Our Evenings and Weekends product gives free calls to 01, 02 and 03 numbers between 6pm and 8am weekdays and all day at weekends. Note: After the introductory 3 months the price will revert to £9.78* for the remaining 9 months for free evening and weekend calls. Average price works out as £7.83* per month over 12 months, this includes line rental and free evening and weekend calls. * pricing updated in line with VAT reduction to 15% from 1st December 2008. The reduced VAT will stand until 31st December 2009. Frequently Asked Questions * What if I need to change products once I’ve signed up? During the three month offer period you can change broadband product as normal, but will need to keep Home Phone Evenings and Weekends for the full three months. Once the three month offer period is over you can change between Home Phone products every 30 days, however you must keep a Home Phone product for 12 months. * What if I want to cancel within the twelve month term? If you wish to cancel either broadband or Home Phone you will be required to pay the remainder of the twelve month term for the relevant product, or both if cancelling both services. If you have any questions or comments regarding this offer, please head over to our Community Site forums, where we'll be happy to hear them. Mand

0 Thanks
14 Comments
14 Comments
gswindale1
Not applicable
We’re pleased to announce a new offer for customers taking up our broadband and Evenings and Weekends Home Phone service, exclusively through moneysupermarket.com, launching on Monday 27th October. So not available to customers signing up through PlusNet then?
Mand
Grafter
Hi Gswindale, It's not available through our signup pages at the moment no. We're trying a number of initiatives with our affiliate partners at the moment, and this is just one of them. If you wanted to sign up through Plusnet pages you could go down the existing customer route afterwards? Regards Mand
glloyd
Rising Star
Ah so moneysupermarket.com will get the commission and your loyal customers will lose out on possible referees
Not applicable
[...] Fed up of hearing about the recession?  Me too.  Miserable Friday eh? And the clocks go back on Sunday so now it’ll be darker early in the afternoon.. boo. Never mind, you know we’ll try and keep you feeling warm and cosy here on the Community Site. If you’re already counting the pennies why not check out the latest offer if you’ve not already - you might save a few bob by taking Home Phone. [...]
neil_ellis
Not applicable
Any plans to offer TV similar to you parent companies' BT vision?
Mand
Grafter
Hi glloyd, There's no extra referral benefit for customers taking this offer, so it shouldn't affect existing referrals at all. If you refer someone to us for HP and BB, they could go through normal signup and then add the offer afterwards. You would still get your referral discount though. @neil ellis, There are no firm timescales for any TV offering at the moment, but it's something we've been looking at internally for a while. We'll be sure to keep you all posted on that. :) Regards Mand
MarkA
I'm ready to switch but use Call Sign on the BT service which I can't do without. Does your service offer this feature yet? Many thanks.
petejackson
Grafter
Optional Call Features we offer as part of Home Phone are: Caller Display See who's calling you with Caller Display (you'll need a phone that supports this service). Call Waiting Get an alert if you have an incoming call when you're already on the phone. Call Divert Direct your incoming calls to any UK landline, mobile, or even most overseas destinations. Anonymous Call Rejection If someone's withholding their number you can bar their calls. Reminder Call Use your phone as an alarm clock with Reminder Call. Ring Back Get a call back if the number you're calling is engaged. Voice Mail Use this answer phone style service to get messages when you can't get to the phone. Voice Mail Extra Get this advanced voice mail service and you can record your own greeting, store up to 30 messages and listen to your messages when you're not at home. These cost £1.50 per month apart from Voicemail Extra. Discounts are available for those choosing more than one feature. Does this address your needs? see also: http://www.plus.net/images/residential/voice/pdf/call_features.pdf
MarkA
Sadly no, Call Sign gives you a second telephone number which makes the phone ring differently when rung. It's sort of like two lines in so far as you can distinguish one from the other without the expense of actually having two lines. Thanks for the info.
maz1
Not applicable
do i need to be connected to BT line or if i have a line will be able to get connected to you?
alan_wyatt
Not applicable
any plans for anytime phone calls with broadband?
Mike_Coates
Not applicable
any deals for existing broadband customers for moving their phone to anytime?
Mark12
Not applicable
As a force 9 customer why do I get charged to upgrade my home phone plan? Seems a little crazy to me.
dowdican
it not deaf friendly as we don't get inclusive minutes for call someone via typetalk!, it really discrimination!