cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An early Christmas present from Plusnet

The Old Lady on the poduim We know many of you are fans of our TV adverts and we thought as it’s Christmas, we’d share our new advert here with you first. Shot at Rockingham Speedway in Northamptonshire, this is a follow-on from our Days of Fibre advert that broke back in Autumn. About to hit screens on Boxing Day, it sees some of your best loved Plusnet characters celebrating on the winner’s podium. For a sneak preview of the new ad, keep reading ... If you can remember it was the old lady, Doreen, in her NASCAR that beat Joe and pals to the finish line. Not to be outdone however, Joe still features heavily in the advert having painted half the podium and its characters white to promote our new half price broadband promotion*. Our brass band and Yorkshire terrier, Samson also feature. Created by Karmarama and directed by Sam Walker, the advert talks about some of the many Plusnet benefits including our 24/7 UK-based customer support and official Which? recommendation. The advert will run until the half price offer end on 7th February. * This is an introductory offer for new customers who live in a low cost area and take home phone. If you live outside a low cost area, you can get Plusnet Unlimited Broadband for £8.49/month for the first 12 months, again when you take home phone. Plusnet Unlimited broadband is normally priced at £9.99/month in low cost market areas and £16.99/month outside of low cost areas. Offer ends 7th February, 2013. Let us know what you think of the new ad by leaving a comment below. Oh, and can any of you name that tune ..?

0 Thanks
7 Comments
7 Comments
Rex
Not applicable
Its 'Get Ready For This' by 2Unlimited- is there a prize Smiley
bobpullen1
Not applicable
It is indeed Rex, how's a Plusnet mug suit you?
Sven_Radio
Not applicable
It's a rave classic!
Walter_Falzon
Not applicable
I am not sure that this should be here, but I would like to give praise to an excellent Plusnet Support Team, who are second to none, when it comes to customers support, can't praise them enough, an excellent service, and a benchmark for others to follow!.
Andy14
Not applicable
I absolutely love this advert. Love everything about it but especially the girl dancing behind the band. Got something of the Robert Plamer addicted to love thing going on. Or is that just me?
Lloyd_Preston
Not applicable
Hi, if I may I would like to introduce the plusnet band to you. These are all members of the Corby silver band and a few also play for Gretton silver as well. From the left. The out of time drummer is ME (out of time explained bellow)! I am a tenor horn and bass player, never played drums in my life. Bev Newton on Euph - her normal instrument. Eve Harrison on Tenor horn (she is a cornet player and has sadly left the band for a few years for uni) Our half white guy is Dave Ashby - normally plays Principal cornet with the band. Then on the white... Mark Asbury on Euph/bari, he is a Euph player but playiong horn for our contest this march. Then Sandra Preston, My wife on trom, she is a flugel horn and tenor horn player but has played trom in the past. Lastly Richard Spence who is play cornet his normal instrument. You may be interested to note that Richard, Dave and Sandra are in the red mini in the Days of speed add, they get a few frames around 26 seconds. Also Mark spent the whole day in the tower waving a flag (he was frozen)and gets a split second of air at the end. You may be interested to know the band where miming (no really we where) and we where miming to Celebration by cool and the gang, this was original track intended to be overlayed. I was not allowed to hit the drum at all - this resulted in a few outtakes. It is nigh on impossible. The origninal "gag" for the ad was the dad from previous adverts coming on painted on the wrong half but all this and all the dialogue fell foul of the editors axe. We where on set for a total of two days toward the end of August 2012, we had a great time filming this. Lloyd Preston Plus net band drummer
bobpullen1
Not applicable
Hi Lloyd, Glad to see you round these parts! Always nice to hear a bit of behind-the-scenes banter too. Appreciate the input. Sounds like everyone had a great time. I'll forgive you the outtakes too. It must be nigh on impossible to play a drum set without actually hitting the drums - not least given the fact you can't play the drums in the first place! Cheesy