Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Plusnet router

Pollyanna29
Dabbler

Issues with Plusnet router

Hi,

I have been having issues with constant packet loss and slow speeds for a couple of months, I have tested my line and that seems all good with no issues so I think it is a router issue as I have to reset it 3 to 4 times a day and working from home is not ideal. I am mostly using a ethernet connection so it's not a WiFi issue and when reseting last night it wouldn't reset so I had to unplug the power supply to do the reset.

The router is the HUB One and I have been a customer for 5 years, would it be possible to have a replacement router to see if it solves the issue.

Thanks

23 REPLIES 23
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Issues with Plusnet router

@Pollyanna29 Welcome to the forums. Are you still using the original Hub1 you were supplied with when you first registered?

If you would like advice fro other Community members:

Please supply the information from these two sites, as screenshots:-

BT Broadband(obscuring your phone number) and BTW Performance Tester - Over a wired (ethernet) connection.  Please report the 'Additional Diagnostics', and sight of the Help Desk tab from your Hub would be a start.

It may also be a good idea to report the results of a Quiet Line Test - dial 17070 option 2 from a (preferably corded) phone. After the confirmation of your phone number, there should be total silence apart from the regular 'Quiet Line Test' announcement. Any other noise - report a PHONE fault first.

John
Pollyanna29
Dabbler

Here is the screenshot of the BT Broadband diagnostic.

Diagnostic.png

Pollyanna29
Dabbler

Here is the speed test.

Speed test.png

jab1
Legend

Thanks - that shows you have good speed to your Master Socket, but the rest of the requested data will paint a fuller picture - I'll await that and have a look after lunch.

Can you please run the 'Additional Diagnostics' on that speed test page?

John
Pollyanna29
Dabbler

Hi jab1,

Thanks for getting in contact me I have posted the screenshots, I am unable to do a queit line test as I dont have a cabled phone.

Pollyanna29
Dabbler

What of the additonal tests you require, do I just run a line test with my phone number?

Pollyanna29
Dabbler

Here is additonal report and the hub one helpdesk report.

Hub One diagnostic.pngAdditonal Diagnostic.png

jab1
Legend

@Pollyanna29 Do you have a phone handset at all ? - the corded option merely removes the possibility of DECT phone noise intrusion, but most modern ones don't suffer from that.

The additional diagnostics: click the button , then select the far right tab, and enter your full phone number, including dialling code - you will probably need to scroll to the bottom of the page for the button to run it.

John
Pollyanna29
Dabbler

Just did the quiet line test and thats all fine.

jab1
Legend

OK, @Pollyanna29 To be honest, I can see nothing in any of those reports which are of any significance, although the two BT speed tests did show a marked difference - sadly that can happen, even with this 'improved' version, so is not something I would focus on.

You say in your initial post 'I am mostly using an ethernet connection'  - is this to a desk-top with no wireless card, or to a laptop?

What reason do you have to reset the router for?

John
Pollyanna29
Dabbler

It's to desktop with a wireless card and also an xbox one both connected via ethernet. The reason for reseting is due to regular packet loss which is an issue when gaming for example online FPS games, also video call seem to cut out when in meetings in work.

jab1
Legend

OK. Is the wireless card in the desktop disabled? - if not it could still be trying to connect over wireless, without you realising. I know nothing about Xboxes, so will pass no comment.

John
Pollyanna29
Dabbler

Yes the wireless card is disabled.

jab1
Legend

OK. This is getting strange, as I say, I can see no reason for this behaviour from the details you have provided, so I can only suggest (for the moment) that you wait for one of the PN Help Team to come along, or maybe one of the helpful Community members who patrol these pages may spot something I haven't.

EDIT: If your Hub is five years old, and a HT member pops in, they MAY suggest sending you a replacement.

John