cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Firtst Rate Alternative Router

stablesgh

A Firtst Rate Alternative Router

The performance of my supplied Technicolor router was never good.  When my exchange was updated to fibre it became worse. Windows 10 Anniversary made it impossible to use - one page in three failed to load at all, and almost all were very slow to load.  Strangely download speeds for files did not seem much affected.

Yesterday I replaced the Technicolor with an ASUS DSL-AC86U.  The change is amazing!  Pages now load "instantly" and navigation is a breeze.  The wireless performance means that my Draytek Access Point downstairs is no longer needed.

Unlike other people who mention various problems with this range of ASUS routers, I had no problems installing and setting up - amazingly, I did not need to re-connect my Access Point.

Thoroughly recommended!

4 REPLIES 4
NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: A Firtst Rate Alternative Router

The Asus DSL-AC68U is much maligned, but I agree that it is an excellent router - I have used mine without issues on both ADSL and VDSL connections. Much of the 'bad press' IMO comes from users who tinker with the router's DSL settings, which I assume are intended for use where there are no network DLM facilities, rather than leaving the BTOR DLM system to optimise the connection.

rolya
Grafter

Hi - does this support multicast for Youview TV access  ? 

stablesgh

Sorry, I have no idea!

I do not even know what Youview is.

rolya
Grafter

It's the TV offering. No problem. 🙂