cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order cancelled

StuartWhite8910

Order cancelled

So I ordered the fibre broadband on 13th of November and today I get an email saying it's been cancelled, I also just noticed that I got 2 emails from my previous supplier one saying sorry you're leaving and then another saying we're glad your staying do I need to get in contact with talk talk as I didn't want to stay with them and I didn't authorise staying with them.

I'm going to give them a ring and see what they say, as I don't want my order to Plusnet cancelled.

Edit: rang Talktalk and they said that Plusnet requested the switch but then cancelled the order but couldn't tell me anymore than that.
5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Order cancelled

Hi there.

I'm sorry to see your order didn't go smoothly as we'd have liked.

Unfortunately I've checked the reason why the order has failed and it's showing as "No DSLAM Ports Available" which essentially means that there are no spare fibre ports at the cabinet(The green box in the road).

I've checked our suppliers records Here and I can see that fibre is showing as available, so I've submitted a formwize to the Openreach fibre availability enquiries team to investigate this further.

We'd generally receive a response within 5 working days and I'll make sure we update you when we know more.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
StuartWhite8910

Hi and thanks for the reply,
Thought I would give it a few days before I replied, is there any updates on what's happening from openreach?

Thanks.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us.

Apologies for the delayed update. I wanted to wait until I had something more definitive before coming back. On the 13/11/2018 I received a reply from our suppliers advising that fibre(FTTC) isn't available, but fibre to the premises(FTTP) is.

I replied back almost immediately advising for this to be double checked as records show that FTTC is available but I hadn't received a reply back, so I've escalated this and I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

In the meantime, I'm assuming you've got fibre with TalkTalk? If so this may prove that FTTC is available.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
StuartWhite8910

Thanks for the reply,

I don't actually have fibre, I only have bog standard broadband with Talk talk, was waiting till my contract ended with them to upgrade as I don't want to be stuck with them anymore.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem and thanks for the clarification.

Fingers crossed our suppliers come back to me advising that fibre(FTTC) is available, otherwise you may need to sign up with an FTTP provider (a list can be found here) though we'd be more than happy to provide you with standard broadband.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet