cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bringing engineer visit forward

chalmz

Bringing engineer visit forward

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone happens to know the likelihood of bringing my Openreach install date forward? I signed up to plusnet last night and took the first available engineer appointment. However, I may be wrong but I believe when I choose the slot plusnet don't actually know for certain if that slot is available or not, they only find out for certain after the order is placed.

This makes me think surely there's a slight chance they'll have earlier dates available? I'm currently scheduled to be installed Monday 29th, and while I appreciate it's not actually too long away (compared to the length of time others have had to wait), it's still rather inconvenient for me as I work from home and using my mobile data isn't ideal.

If anyone has any advice/feedback on this it would be appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Bringing engineer visit forward

It all depends on Openreach staff availability and even if the slot is confirmed it could be delayed if higher priority jobs come along, as for getting an earlier date, I would say absolutely no chance.☹️

chalmz

Ah ok, that's fair enough I guess. Thanks for the reply 👍

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@chalmz Welcome to the forums. I am assuming you are going for an FTTC connection, as that is about the only situation where engineer attendance is required, and that is only at the FTTC cab, not even your property, just to physically make the FTTC cable connection.

If you are scheduled only 12 days away, you are lucky -engineer availability under the current conditions can sometimes be much further away.

@RealAleMadrid  types faster than me. Smiley

John