Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Cashback DECLINED (ADSL) Quidco

jfraser
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet Cashback DECLINED (ADSL) Quidco

My Plusnet complaint and request for a deadlock code has been escalated, and I have been informed by email this morning that someone from Plusnet is addressing it today.

I'll update this thread when I receive a response from Plusnet. 

freedomofspeech
Grafter

I am going to add my comments to this thread as the same thing happened to me and Plusnet tried to maintain that i clicked on the wrong sign up offer which they have maintained in this issue as well. Their claims where aload of rubbish !!!!!!

I knew that plusnet were trying get out of paying and as none of the companies where prepared to pay out i was left with no alternative but i took plusnet/Bt and quidco and their subsidary company to court and they ended up settlig for the full cashback before it went to a hearing.

I pursed legal action against the respective companies as i was in no uncertain terms going to be robbed of a cashback that i was entitled to.

You should cotinue to pursue this to the end as plusnet will just continue to reject legitimate claims all the time

jfraser
Rising Star

Thanks for this comment.  The internet is littered with examples of Plusnet trying to wriggle out of honouring their own cashback offers.

I, too, have submitted a complaint to CISAS and am also going to pursue them in Small Claims Court.  I'll be suing for significantly more than the original cashback offer as I have activated my own fee schedule for the time I have had to waste chasing this up.

I have also taken screenshots of several of these examples and attached them to a company-wide email (25,000 employees in the UK) warning them to stay away from Plusnet.  If even one of my colleagues decides against switching to Plusnet because of what they've read, that will have cost Plusnet more than the amount they should have given me in cashback (I suspect it will be hundreds of potential new customers lost, not just one).

Silly Plusnet.

cooldude50
Rising Star

Big Thanks jfraser for bringing the issue to light on this forum and for your continued input on both threads thus keeping the issue live on the forum for two months.

It is ironic that the suggestion that you made after your third post on 27th May - was the offer that Plusnet subsequently made, in between we spent hours and hours on something that we should have received automatically and it will have cost Plusnet a CISAS fee and significant negative publicity.

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Plusnet-Cashback-DECLINED-ADSL-Quidco/m-p/1338140/h...

Thanks also to those who previously started other threads on this forum on the same subject and also to those who posted Quidco/Plusnet reviews citing failure to receive advertised/promoted cashback despite completing a valid transaction.

It pains me when people dont receive advertised/promoted cashback after doing everything correctly together with completing a valid transaction

jfraser
Rising Star

I would like a Mod to pm me regarding this.

It seems that once you take this complaint beyond Plusnet and to CISAS for adjudication, Plusnet concedes and coughs up the cashback we are entitled to.

Another member of this forum did exactly that and received the 110.00 to which he was entitled.

All customer should be treated equally.

I await the pm at your earliest convenience.  

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

The Mods on here are just customers with no access to Plusnet systems or your account.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

As Strat has said, our community forum Mods are customers just like yourself.

Having said this, this isn't something we will be discussing any further via our community forums, if you have been through the process to take this matter to CISAS, a case handler will be assigned and deal with this for you.

Another department deal with CISAS cases and they are dealt with on a case by case basis.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jfraser
Rising Star

Surely the admins have access to Plusnet accounts?

How are account issues resolved?

EDIT:

Harry, got it.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Staff are identified by their signature. The moderators are customers and have no access to account information.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
georgina1

Hello,

I seem to be in a similar position to those who have posted on the thread previously.  I ordered plusnet broadband and phoneline on 20/05/16 through a quidco deal offering £110 cashback.  When I clicked through to Plusnet it also added another £50 deal to the order.

The cashback on quidco was declined just prior to the plusnet service being activated so I raised a claim on the 16/06 indicating that service had now started so cashback was due.  In the meantime a cheque for £50 has arrived from Plusnet which I have not banked as yet.

I have raised another query with quidco today to find out what the delay is with the cashback from Plusnet.  Having done a search on cashback issues from Plusnet, I think I can see the problem!

What is my best course of action now?  Do I raise a direct query for the cashback with Plusnet or wait for them to sort out with quidco?  Or do I have to escalate the issue further?

Thanks

cooldude50
Rising Star

Sounds like you have already appealed against Plusnet decline via Quidco, also put a complaint in to Plusnet re cashback misselling and also cite Misrepresentation Act 1967

"The Misrepresentation Act exists to protect consumers from false or fraudulent claims that induce you into buying something or entering into a contract"

I can supply you with Questions of complaint to put to Plusnet that I put to Plusnet via CISAS and remain unanswered as our complaints appears to be similar.

Point out to Plusnet that you went through Quidco to get Quidco Cashback not via Quidco to be awarded a lower Plusnet cashback offer

After exhausting both of the above next stage would be to escalate complaint to CISAS, I would be happy to supply material to help you with this.

Complaints are best made with use of questions of complaint as organisations cannot answer statements, the idea is to ask as many questions as possible so that the organisation either gives in and pays out or if stalemate continues to exist complaint can be further escalated on the basis that remain dissatisfied both at lack of remedy to complain and not all the questions of complaint were answered.

Just out of interest did you remove anytime calls package from sale, Quidco link at the time stated "ADSL Sales" which meant all "ADSl Sales"

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Quidco-Cashback-Declined-Whilst-Waiting-For-Service...

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Plusnet-Cashback-DECLINED-ADSL-Quidco/m-p/1347068#M...

cooldude50
Rising Star

georgina1

Just in case you havent noticed, Plusnet have previously admitted to an "erroneous" landing page.

Basically how that came about was Jfraiser firstly started this thread with concerns about his May 22rd sign up, I followed up with my concerns re 19 May signup.

Plusnet havent actually stated or answered what the "erroneous" page was, merely that it only occurred during certain dates

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Plusnet-Cashback-DECLINED-ADSL-Quidco/m-p/1339090/h...

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Plusnet-Cashback-DECLINED-ADSL-Quidco/m-p/1339109/h...

georgina1

Thanks for replying.  I will send an email off to plusnet to see what they say then. 

I did remove the anytime calls and went for the evening and weekend call option.  I don't recall that being part of the criteria for the cashback at all.

I have purposely not cashed the cheque from them as I have a feeling they may try to tell me I have accepted an alternative deal, despite this being automatically added to my order.  Why would I want a cheque for £50 when quidco are offering me £110.

jfraser
Rising Star

I know, right?  Yet Plusnet insists this is exactly what we intended - to reject 110 and accept 50.

They don't even acknowledge how confusing their website/signup process is when dealing with multiple/conflicting cashback offers.  It's all the customer's fault, and there is nothing they can do to rectify it.

Start the complaints process through the support pages on Plusnet's website and demand your full and immediate cashback settlement.  If they refuse (they most likely will), demand a deadlock code without delay and file a complaint with CISAS.

The amount of complaints CISAS must be receiving for the same company/issue is probably starting to set alarm bells ringing somewhere.

All Plusnet has to do to avoid this mess is to privately take ownership of the misleading and conflicting cashback offers, respond to the affected customers and offer them compensation, and correct the process so that subsequent new customers don't fall victim to the same confusing signup process.

So far, they have refused to do any of the above, unless prodded by CISAS.

They do cough up the cashback they owe their customers, but usually not before CISAS presents them with a well-evidenced complaint.

boblau

Looks like.ive been had too. Happened last week with £135 cashback.. what a joke of a company.

Will be escalating too