cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Cashback DECLINED (ADSL) Quidco

cooldude50
Rising Star

Re: Plusnet Cashback DECLINED (ADSL) Quidco

I have just signed into Quidco and clicked through Plusnet link took me to this landing page which is evidenced by affiliate link within link below, logical next step for every Quidco member would be then to click "Start your order" which is above 50.00 cashback mention on landing page

https://www.plus.net/deals/unlimited/anytime/?WT.mc_id=aff_003faq&aff=generic

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

That's what prompted me to send the email this morning asking our marketing team to double check their response to me on Friday.

Hopefully I'll have some updates for both of you later in the week.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jfraser
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thank you for your reply.

I can assure you, all I did was follow the link from Quidco to Plusnet and sign up for the 12 month ADSL deal.  You can try it yourself - log in to Quidco as a customer and follow a Plusnet cashback offer link.  It will bounce you straight to your (Plusnet's) 50.00 cashback page without the option to remove it.

I appreciate your follow-up efforts, @HarryB.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I tried the link from the Quidco site and had the same result as quoted by the OP.  At best it is confusing!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

jfraser wrote:
You can try it yourself - log in to Quidco as a customer and follow a Plusnet cashback offer link.

I did, swiftly followed by the email to our marketing department.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jfraser
Rising Star

Now we're getting somewhere!

jfraser
Rising Star

Any updates from your marketing department?  They should have been able to recreate the error by now and address it.

Thanks.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I did get a response yesterday, however I wanted to hold off until today to make a response as the link was being corrected at some point yesterday.

The link for the landing page from Quidco has now been corrected.

I've been advised that the incorrect link was in place from Friday 27/05/16 to Tuesday 31/05/16. Our marketing team will be reviewing any signups that took place through Quidco during this time and honouring both the Quidco and Plusnet cashback offers that were showing during this time.

Prior to 27/05/16 the correct landing page was in place, showing no Plusnet cashback as default. So any accounts signed up through Quidco, that changed to Plusnet cashback offers prior to 27/05/16 will have voided the Quidco cashback offer and will only be due the Plusnet offer that was selected instead.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jfraser
Rising Star

Your marketing team has made another mistake, unfortunately.

The incorrect landing page was there on the date I signed up - 22 May.  

Please confirm that I too will be receiving the Quidco cashback offer.

Thanks.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I asked for confirmation on that yesterday upon receiving the initial response advising it had been incorrect from the 27th. I then received another response after they had double checked what was in place prior to the 27th and I was advised it was correct prior to this date.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jfraser
Rising Star

Just so we're clear -

They admit to making the error I have been describing in this thread, but they did NOT make the error on the dates I stated.  They admit to making that mistake a few days after my signup date.

Purely by coincidence, outwith the dates you have admitted to making a mistake, I am told I won't be receiving my cashback due to my own error, NOT theirs (the one they admitted making a few days later).

Do I have that right?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

An error was made.

The error was corrected.

The dates that the erroneous landing page was in place has been checked and double checked.

People who signed up through the affiliate during the time the erroneous landing page was in place will be due both offers that were showing. People who signed up before or after this will not be due both offers.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jfraser
Rising Star

Perfect, because I'm not asking for both offers - that would be unreasonable on my part and certainly not what I was trying to achieve by asking you to investigate.

I am only looking to receive the offer from Quidco - the link I clicked to subscribe to the 12 month ADSL deal.  A mere 4 days after I signed up, your marketing team admits to an ongoing source code error which meets the description of my concern.

"We recognize the error you have been describing, and yes, it actually did happen as you describe.  Unfortunately, the exact problem which you have brought to light didn't actually happen on the day you mentioned, but 4 days later, and for a subsequent days."

Come on..

jfraser
Rising Star

Only after I raised this issue with your marketing team did they admit there was a problem, and it was because I raised this issue that they found it and corrected it.

According to Plusnet, this problem didn't actually happen to me, because the problem I described wasn't a problem until a few days after I signed up, and for a few days beyond that until I pointed it out.

The perfect storm of coincidences, wouldn't you agree?

jfraser
Rising Star

I just noticed another coincidence:

My Quidco cashback offer was declined on the 27th of May - the very date your marketing department admitted to being the start of their error train journey.

My offer wasn't declined on the 25, 26, or 28.  Nope, the magical 27th.  Interesting.  

EDIT:

Upon closer inspection, the date of my ticket raised with Quidco was the 27th.  I can't see exactly when offer was declined from Plusnet.  

I like to admit the holes in my research and correct them for the benefit of the community on this board.