cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Cashback DECLINED (ADSL) Quidco

cooldude50
Rising Star

Re: Plusnet Cashback DECLINED (ADSL) Quidco

Landing page was same as described in earlier post on 19th May, showing declined on Quidco account on 26th May, error landing pages are more likely to be in force at the start of an on site offer not during the last 4 days of an offer

jfraser
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

That's right!  ...As evidenced by his thread:

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Quidco-Cashback-Declined-Whilst-Waiting-For-Service...

It's getting a little murky for the marketing and/or tech department.

cooldude50
Rising Star

Quidco/Plusnet reviews

23rd March - received both Q and P 50.00
5rh January - as above

Did the Quidco to Plusnet landing page keep changing in error, above dates showing 50.00 plusnet cashback, mid May onwards not showing 50.00 plusnet cashback by default and then last 4 days of May reverted back to showing 50.00 offer by default

jfraser
Rising Star

The evidence is stacking up.

What's laughable is their response:

"We recognise the error you're describing, but it has only been a problem since the EXACT date you brought it to our attention... and for a few days after that because it took us 5 days to amend the code."

Someone is desperate to keep their job and refusing to admit it is/was an ongoing issue.  Quidco have opened their own investigation, and I pointed them in this direction.  If they're receiving numerous identical complaints predating May 27, Plusnet will have to do the right thing and honour the Quidco cashback offer.

What I don't understand is why they're fighting it so hard.  They must have a slush fund to correct/compensate their customers when an error is made.

Edit:

@cooldude50

Make sure you've opened up a claim with Quidco for the rejected Plusnet cashback offer.  They say you need to be an active Plusnet customer before they can proceed, but you don't.  Just fill in as much of the form as you can and explain your complaint in the text box.

cooldude50
Rising Star

Im not able to proceed with a Quidco decline appeal without a Plusnet account number, how long does it take for a company to set up an account and provide an account number when it has been paid up front 12 months in advance?

jfraser
Rising Star

You don't need an account number.  Just add a dummy one and include your Plusnet user name in the comments and explain that your account with Plusnet isn't active yet.  They'll contact you and open a ticket.

cooldude50
Rising Star

For completness in reply to post yesterday saying that Quidco link has now been corrected, Plusnet 50.00 cashback offer finished on 31 May, that was the reason the page was changed, I took screenshot prior to change showing terms/Q+A.

Both Quidco and non Quidco landing pages are currently the same --- no Plusnet 50.00 cashback offer.

jfraser
Rising Star

Great update, thanks!

Did you open a claim with Quidco querying the declined cashback from Plusnet?

cooldude50
Rising Star

I posted on Quidco Q+A board on MSE, linking to this thread to alert others who might be affected, Quidco replied asking me to send in a support ticket which I have now done,

jfraser
Rising Star

Excellent.  The more examples of Plusnet's dubious (and frankly dishonest) business practices the better.

So far, and in their own words on this thread, Plusnet has admitted ownership of the EXACT problem we have described in both our threads on this board.  However, they have tried to make us believe the problem we reported didn't happen to us on the day we say it did, but they admit that anyone trying to click the links we clicked on Quidco/Plusnet did happen exactly as we stated a few days AFTER it happened to us, again on the EXACT date (May 27) we reported it on this board.

Someone in tech is telling the marketing department that the error only started on the 27th of May to cover their backs and to attempt to reduce their liability for their confessed mistake.

When Quidco asks for their evidence to support their claim that the source code error didn't start until the 27th of May, they either won't be able to provide that evidence (because it happened to us days before the 27th) or they'll provide doctored evidence, thereby committing fraud.

They're running out of excuses for not honouring the Quidco cashback offer.

Keep us updated on your Quidco responses in your/this thread.  I, too, have given Quidco the link to this thread, so they'll have Plusnet on record admitting the mistake we're describing.  

jfraser
Rising Star

Also,

All the changes to their (Plusnet's) website source code will definitely be made using some sort of source control tool.  That means that any code amendments will be time-stamped, so when Quidco receives the evidence, they'll be able to see quite clearly that there were erroneous links before the date they claim.

jfraser
Rising Star

And another, EXACTLY the same problem I have described in this thread, and this user was affected on EXACTLY the same signup date as me, May 22, a full 5 days PRIOR to when Plusnet admit to owning this problem.

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Quidco-Plusnet-Cashback-DECLINED-ADSL/td-p/1340718

This is getting silly now.

cooldude50
Rising Star

Thought this comment re Quidco link to Plusnet might be of interest to you

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/plusnet-unlimited-adsl-home-broadband-no-phone-calls-upto-17mbps-4-2...

"Topcashback are now offering £111.20 cashback but when you click through, the £50 Plusnet cashback offer is not there. It is still there if you go via Quidco which would total £130 cashback and therefore beat Topcashback's offer"

cooldude50
Rising Star

@jfraser

If you havent already done so, you must first complain to Plusnet and receive a deadlock code before you can complain to CISAS, Quidco escalating claim shows it is valid in Quidcos eyes, if takes to long for Plusnet to reply to Quidco then I would then take it to CISAS on basis tried to resolve it via both the affiliate marketing partners concerned.

http://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/plusnet-complaints

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Although I wouldn't recommend going through resolver. I've seen it in the past where customers have tried to raise a complaint through resolver but it never came through to us.

It would be best to go through the complaints code of practice provided in my previous response.

EDIT:

Link to 'previous response' I was referring to as it's not actually this thread: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Quidco-Cashback-Declined-Whilst-Waiting-For-Service...

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet