cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can sole traders use the fibre broadband and phone service?

IcyElemental

Can sole traders use the fibre broadband and phone service?

Hi guys, I was wondering if someone could help me.

My girlfriend and I are intending to switch to the fibre broadband and phone service in the next couple of weeks, but as we are intending to run a business from home which will occasionally involve the use of the internet, I wanted to check this would be fine before we switch. 

In short, the only times we will use the internet service for anything business related is to occasionally update a website and check orders (the actual product being sold is something we make in our house). The vast majority of our internet usage will be exclusively for personal use and not related to the business at all.

I checked for previous threads along these lines, and the last I found said this would be ok, but it was posted in 2013, so I wanted to check this would still be the case.

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out Smiley

2 REPLIES 2
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Can sole traders use the fibre broadband and phone service?

@IcyElemental

Welcome to the forums

At https://www.plus.net/help/legal/terms/

Plusnet Standard Terms

2.1.3. use the services for personal use in the UK (so don't use the services to run your own business, but a couple of work emails or occasional home working are okay) and in accordance with our Acceptable Use Policy;

edit to add welcome

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
IcyElemental

Re: Can sole traders use the fibre broadband and phone service?

Thanks very much Smiley I thought it best to check for clarification as we use the internet to take in orders and send out occasional emails to run the business - thanks for the clarification!