Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data Connection.

FIXED
Mucknfuddle
Hooked

Re: No Data Connection.

Still same boat, was told be Michaelwilliams in pm that the problem has been passed to their engineers (ha ha ha) to fix in bulk because it’s affecting so many people .... I was told I’d be kept updated on a timescale for this but heard nothing since Friday .... also told compensation would be discussed after the fix has been found ...... it’s beyond a joke , never known anything like this since I’ve owned a mobile phone
pablo8675
Hooked

I completely agree. Has anybody on here seeked out legal advice? I am in the process of looking into it. Think Plusnet are talking about changing the slogan from we'll do you proud to we'll just fob you off!!!

Mobileprob
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

All, just to let you know that my data is now working. Hope the others that are waiting also have the same result. Thank you again to the Plusnet staff on this forum for your help with this.

Mobileprob
Dabbler

... to add that I didn't do anything. Fix appears to be at Plusnet end as another user also reports just now that it is working.

Steve_UK
Dabbler

Glad to hear that.  Out of interest, did you have to do any resetting or power-down, SIM out type of thing, or did it just burst into life?

Cheers.

Mobileprob
Dabbler

I didn't do anything. It jut suddenly started working. I didn't take the Sim out, didn't turn the phone on/off... I did nothing at all. I just hope it now stays on!

Steve_UK
Dabbler

Thanks - still waiting for mine to start working after 11 days without data.

Mucknfuddle
Hooked

Just tried it and also working now, thank goodness for that ! 11 days without data though, hopefully we get some sort of refund/compensation for this .... x
Steve_UK
Dabbler

Still nothing here. 

Just hoping they are working their way through the failed customers and I will get service soon!

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

If you're still unable to receive data, could you please try turning the handset off, removing the SIM for five minutes, re-inserting the SIM and powering back up for me please?

I'd also like to thank everyone for their patience whilst we worked to resolve this issue.

Steve_UK
Dabbler

Just tried that, Michael.

Still no mobile data.

Jetmender

Still no data after removing / re-fitting SIM.
gsk7912
Hooked

I have got same issue as well.  No data and this is going on for over 2 months now.  If you are not aware, just to reiterate, when you go to settings => general => about - Carrier is listed as EE 32.0 though mobile network is shown as plusnet 4G.  Replacement Sim and speaking to customer service is of no use at all.  I wasted 2 hours today and took it to Genie apple store and they confirmed that these settings are managed by operator and not apple.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi all, 

We completely understand the inconvenience this has caused and we appreciate your patience during this time. 

I must advise that Mike has the same access to the systems that all of the mobile staff do. It may appear that Mike has resolved some issues for our customers experiencing this issue, but he does follow the same guide and has no access at an Operational level.  

Depending on the status and investigation of the account, we may then attempt to turn off mobile data and back on again. This will be processed via the system as part of the troubleshooting process. This may or may not solve the data issue, as it's root cause may not be the same as all other reported data outages, but we can certainly try.

If the account is with our Operations Team and currently under investigation, we'd be unable to try this as it's already been escalated; the Team will be working on this in the background.

Once escalated to the Team, we do advise of a 5 working day timescale to thoroughly investigate this. At times, this may be extended due to the nature of the issue. Rest assured, once we have an update, we'll be sure to let everyone know. 

Please don't hesitate to contact any of the other mobile staff here on the forum. I can assure you that the same steps are being taken by all staff. 

Thanks, 

- Rebeka Smiley

gsk7912
Hooked

Can you ask Mike to look at my account pls?  I am going in circles with no luck at all.  I have to visit client site and can't use any gps/maps to find addresses and waste so much time everyday.