cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with receiving calls after number porting

Very-Annoyed

Issues with receiving calls after number porting

Shocking Service!! YOU NEED TO READ THIS!

Ported my number over from EE on the 4th Feb got email saying it would take one working day but I had a Plusnet number to use until the port took place. On the 6th Feb MY Pusnet number stopped working and my ported number came over except I could only make out going calls, I couldn't receive any incoming calls? When my number was dialed the line would immediately go dead? I contacted Plusnet on the 6th who said 'are yes that's what we call a port port!' and they would put it to their technical department to sort out for me which could take 5 working days for them to come up with a solution!! So in my case a week without being able to use my phone with a contract that I was paying for! By the 9th Feb my phone still not receiving incoming calls I called Plusnet and I explained to one of the team that 'I need my phone for work and this wasn't unacceptable, keeping me waiting' I was told THIS IS GREAT...'your not allowed to use your phone for business calls!' So despite having a contract that's not fit for purpose i.e unusable I'm now not allowed to use my phone for work?!! I immediately asked to be put through to disconnections as I wanted to go back to EE where my phone can be used for business calls and will receive incoming calls!! Hay-presto I was transferred to the technical department that I was told a few days earlier would contact me but could take five working days - and I just got put straight through to them!! The helpful guy called me back on my landline number and together we went though all the settings on my phone to try to get it to except incoming calls but unfortunately none of this worked! I was then told that the sim card that they had sent me was faulty, a new one would arrive tomorrow and my phone should work! Today is Saturday 10th Feb and it still my new sim hasn't arrived!

Words fail me with this company! They were happy leaving me paying for a contract for a service that doesn't work properly due to their faulty sim. They wanted to make me wait five days to speak to somebody that I could've spoken to straight away. 

I have a business myself and if I treated my customer half as bad as they have treated me I wouldn't have a business!

I was going to transfer all my business mobile phones over to Plusnet but due to being told that 'I'm not allowed to make business calls on their contract' and only getting some sort of response to my problem by threatening to cancel I don't think I'll bother!

I'll be calling them Monday for a PAC number well with in my 14 days cancellation policy !

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Changed title to reflect issue after move to its own thread.

3 REPLIES 3
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Issues with receiving calls after number porting

Moderator's note:

Post moved to its own thread for better visibility.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Mav
Fixes: 514

@Very-Annoyed

In the Terms and conditions for Plusnet Mobile services  it states:

4.1.1. only use the services for personal use (so you can’t use the services to run your own business although occasionally accessing work emails is okay);

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Very-Annoyed,

Thanks for taking the time out to get in touch with us, it's much appreciated. 

From what you have described, it sounds as if you have been advised of a possible 'split port'. Rest assured, our Operations Team will be working to resolve this for you as soon as possible. I completely understand your frustration with regards to the 5 working day timescale however, this is in pace to allow the Team to perform a thorough investigation into the port and liaise with your previous network provider to implement any changes. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused with regards to using your mobile for business use however Mav is correct, as in line with our mobile T&C's, our SIM cards are provided for personal use only. Also, you can only have up to 3 SIM cards, or 5 if you're a broadband customer. 

- Rebeka