The following instructions provide a general guide on how to change the password stored in a router.
To follow these instructions you will need the following:
- The Internet address used to access your router's configuration page.
- The username and password (where applicable) used to access your router's configuration page.Note: This information will be provided in the user guide or manual supplied with your router.
- Start your web browser and go to the address used to configure your router.
- Log into your router with the relevant username and password.
- You will now need to update your connection settings. The specific wording will vary from router to router, but this is typically called Connecting Settings, Basic Settings, WAN Settings or Internet Setup.
- Save your changes as required, normally using an Apply or Save button.
- Reboot your router to re-establish your internet connection with the updated password.
You can access your router without having an internet connection running.Return to the Changing Passwords guide