cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email this morning 10 November

MM263
Hooked

Re: continuing help with emails

My experience too.  It's now 14.00 on 12 November and no real change.  I can now receive emails including some that were missing yesterday but cannot send any either from my email client (Thunderbird which happily sends Hotmail messages) or webmail where the error message says "SMPT error (-1):  Connection to server failed."  The update message which says "Plusnet emails can be accessed using an email client as an alternative" fails to point out that they can only be received and not be sent.

softhedgehog
Dabbler

Can't send emails

relay.plus.net is not responding.  So although I can receive emails, I can't send any.

jwg99

Re: Can't send emails

I am finding exactly the same thing!

PWT

Me too!  If it ever gets fixed will we get a reduction in the bill?

danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Same here, and only a couple of days back no emails in or out  for almost 24 hours. Currently isolating at home with Covid (I've had 2 jabs, it isn't life threatening) and the last thing you need is the inability to communicate through email which is pretty basic isn't it.

What is going wrong at Plus Net this week after years of almost problem free Emails? 

DigbyChicken
Dabbler

Re: No email this morning 10 November

I spoke too soon, @Hazel74 - the POP server appears to have fallen over again (for me at least).

Alex_Hamilton
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Email still not working

I use Thunderbird for emails and messages are arriving but I cannot send. Hotmail and Gmail are working normally as of Friday 14.25hrs.  Clearly the boys that purport to be "doing us proud" don't know the meaning of the phrase.

gwillym
Grafter

Can't send emails

Adding my name to the every increasing list.

Been receiving emails OK since this morning, but can't send anything - using Thunderbird on Windows 10 and K9Mail on my android phone. Every attempt to send just sits there saying 'sending message' and appears to be about 90% complete

cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Incoming emails are not redirecting

I have a domain name hosted with Plusnet and incoming email to mailboxes on that domain have a redirection set to send emails elsewhere.  SPAM filtering for the domain is turned off so when things are working, emails to xxx@mydomian.com are flipped to another email account where I pick them up.

I noticed on Wednesday that emails to xxx@mydomain.com stopped arriving and I also noticed that there is an email issue from Wednesday although the blurb says this should now be fixed.

However, emails sent to xxx@mydomain.com are still not arriving in my other mailbox which suggests that the plusbnet redirection is not working.

Are you able to check?

PhilipHeyes
Dabbler

Re: Not able to send emails

The same work around for relay.force9.net would be via 212.159.8.104 

Stevebod

...Their new slogan..

"....we will  DO YOU......."

DrHfuhruhurr
Hooked

This is getting absurd.

Bizarre as it may seem I have to reply to an email within the next few hours accepting an offer. If I do not I will lose hundreds of pounds. Cheers Plusnet!

Bieffe

Re: Latest Email Problems

Yes, me too.  2 days unable to send any emails - they are just sitting in the outbox.  Also had phone calls from work and friends asking why I had not replied to their emails.  Why?, because they never arrived.  Presumably they are still sitting in the plusnet postboxes - stuck.  Currently some very competitive broadband/email packages available with other suppliers.

Polaris1
Dabbler

Re: Latest Email Problems

Hi,

Apologies for the delayed reply.  I'm at work now therefore cannot access my home computer.  I will try again later tonight to see if things have improved, but from memory the issues were:

Webmail - really, really slow to log in to either account, pages not updating/refreshing correctly (e.g. blank screens) and various error messages displayed - sorry can't remember exactly, but server connection failed with some numbers?? unable to send emails using either.plus.com or ic24.net accounts

Outlook - .plus.com account seemed to log in OK this morning and as mentioned I did receive a couple of sporadic emails but this is not my primary email account.  I have received absolutely nothing to my ic24.net account since Tuesday afternoon, but this is not too surprising because as soon as I open Outlook it is asking for a password which it never normally does.  I've tried re-typing the password but all I get is send/receive errors.  I've tried sending emails from both accounts but they stay in my Outbox and again I get send/receive errors.

rwm32
Hooked

Re: John Lewis Broadband, run by PlusNet, also down

Any chance of a response from Plusnet, please? 

Madasafish email is still not functioning with Thunderbird (91.3.0): see attached error message, which matches the error reported by the OP in this thread.

It is not working with Outlook 2019, which returns an error message "cannot connect to server" (0x800CCC0E).

It mostly works with the webmail interface and with the Inbox app on my Android phone - though in both cases not consistently.

I suppose it should be some consolation to Madasafish email users that Plusnet mail is not yet working properly... 

😠