Did you mean: 

No email this morning 10 November

Hazel74
Rising Star

Re: No email this morning 10 November

Yeah the forum isn't even working so well for me 🤦‍♀️
DaveC9

Re: Can't send emails

It was working fine this morning for a while, but now like this again. I can receive but not send. Three days of problems making lots of difficulties for me. Very poor.

solent2
Dabbler

Re: Not able to send emails

Sadly does not seem to work for me (though I have no real idea what I am fiddling with!) If I set outgoing (in thunderbird) as port 587 or 465 or 25 and any of the relay.plus.net or the DNS suggested and starttls or ssl/tls  it bangs out instantly, if I change tls to none it just sits there trying until I give up.  Is it because it is still broken or have I messed it all up now? should I just put in what the plusnet site says it should be? (its an alien language for me!).  I have to be my own 'IT support' but some of this is over my head 🙄

aw_Wilts
Hooked

We still cannot send emails.

Using Thunderbird, it just sits there forever saying "Sending message..."

I've tried sending using Plusnet Webmail, but after a long wait it comes back to say that this action is not available.

The next status update is not until 9.30 tomorrow morning. Whoops sorry, Plusnet has just pulled that page, there is no longer any status.

Flabula
Grafter

Re: John Lewis Broadband, run by PlusNet, also down

Same here. Globalnet email that was taken over by various providers over many years, lastly being Plusnet.

I've manged a few successful logins over the last couple of days and some (but definitely not all) email has come through. For the last few hours it's back to timing out and login failures.

It's not a business email (luckily! I only use domain-based email for business), but it is my main personal account and I'm struggling after 4 days of no and very intermittent service to keep track of things like online orders and deliveries, online bills etc. I realise my Globalnet email is hosted for free by Plusnet, but that's not by my choice and I was happily paying for the service before it was taken over and I'd be happy to pay for it again to keep it going.

(I am coincidentally a Plusnet customer now, but that has nothing to do with my Globalnet email.)

IanBish
Hooked

Re: Latest Email Problems

Same here. Everything is so slow in Webmail, and I was using IMAP quite successfully via Thunderbird, but now even that's stopped working. I just get an "incorrect login" message straight away. Any idea when this might be resolved?

gp
Dabbler

Just managed to send a couple of emails via smtp.metronet.co.uk (also part of Plusnet) but relay.plus.net still not working.

That will do for now, but it seems I need to look out for another SMTP service (plenty of free ones around).

Kwak
Rising Star

solent (gets flashback to visiting solent sky aircraft museum😉), I sent one ok earlier to the IP address mentioned, via thunderbird, with settings as basic as they come. No authentification, port 25.

On a side note it's slightly confusing in Thunderbird as I first added that as a new outgoing server, set it default outgoing, then tried to send. No dice. I had to go to the specific account settings for that email account and change the outgoing server to the new one I'd created.

Just a heads up if anyone does it that way.

GThwaite

Same here. Can receive but not send.   How long is this going on for?

g3ucq
Grafter

Thank you for the work around. It works.😀

jwg99

Set up a gmail account and use that to send anyhing you need to.

Kwak
Rising Star

Look at the other thread, a guy gives a workaround. Actually I'll copy/paste it here.

It's on

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/Not-able-to-send-emails/td-p/1838353/page/2

This is a big thanks to and a copy/paste from user PhilipHeyes:

"Our work around has been to amend the email client's ( Outlook / Thunderbird et al ) SMTP server

from relay.plus.net / smtp.plus.net to 212.159.8.107

this bypasses the DNS lookup and avoids facing to the failed SMTP server

Be aware that :

1) 212.159.8.107 is working but has a certificate issue so ( 2 & 3 ) may apply ...

2) MS Outlook or similar may give a certificate warning - accept the certificate to proceed with sending emails.

3) If your credentials are not accepted, the encryption method may need to be changed to

from SSL to  : SSL + any certificate

or from TLS to :  TLS + any certificate

4) This fix works at the moment"

Anneyc
Dabbler

Thankyou Philip! That worked for us too. Why Plusnet couldn't offer the same support- or any support for that matter, I do not know. We use Plusnet for our business email and the last few days have made things very difficult. 

danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

I needed to send some document copies the other day and the system was down for nearly 24 hours. Emails are an essential part of life nowadays and they should work. 

harrym1byt
Rising Star

It now seems to be accepting gmail and the backlog has come through..