cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email this morning 10 November

mcc1961

Re: globalnet server not authenticating from outlook since outage

The error we are seeing are :-

Task 'XXXXXXXXX.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your email server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings. The server responded: -ERR Temporary problem, please try again later'

SameAgain

Re: Come on PN - 'fess up. What was the problem?

Well I would do but Outlook can't log into my primary email account, and I can't log into my online account to reset passwords.  Trying the Rest Password link is useless as I can't access my email to click the link it would generate - if I could use it - because tells me my account name can't be found!  Well it's been there for 22 years or so so it should be found!  So do we know what the issue is now?.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Re: Latest Email Problems

@JonoH 

Might a sticky post added to the service status board containing a link to the service status portal be helpful here?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

PhilipHeyes
Dabbler

Re: Not able to send emails

Our work around has been to amend the email client's ( Outlook / Thunderbird et al ) SMTP server

from relay.plus.net / smtp.plus.net to 212.159.8.107

this bypasses the DNS lookup and avoids facing to the failed SMTP server

Be aware that :

1) 212.159.8.107 is working but has a certificate issue so ( 2 & 3 ) may apply ...

2) MS Outlook or similar may give a certificate warning - accept the certificate to proceed with sending emails.

3) If your credentials are not accepted, the encryption method may need to be changed to

from SSL to  : SSL + any certificate

or from TLS to :  TLS + any certificate

4) This fix works at the moment

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Come on PN - 'fess up. What was the problem?

@adam945 wrote:

With this issue ongoing it does mean we are experiencing a high number of customer contacts and we're not able to respond as quickly as we usually do.

I assume this is an attempt at levity to try to take customers’ minds off this disaster?  Wink

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
MatthewBest
Dabbler

Thank you PhilipHeyes!  That workaround has worked for me, and I am finally able to send an email.

Prof1

Re: Hallelujah I can send emails!!!

I've been with them for a long time, but I just renewed my contract for two years and there's a £20 per quarter remaining penalty if I leave. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Hazel74
Rising Star

Re: No email this morning 10 November

Are things fixed?!?  I have just successfully sent an email from my mobile phone 😁

Spruce01
Grafter

I have similar issues. I always suspected that as a globalnet customer we got lower level of service (if that is possible?) 

robski1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

I have a globalnet email address and have been connecting with no problems.

Using Window Live Mail on Window 10.

Also connecting OK on Android phone.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Continuing email problems.

Afternoon,

I'm truly sorry that this issue is still ongoing. I know it's frustrating and promise you we've got all hands on deck here trying to get it fixed!

We understand that there are many questions surrounding this matter, but as it stands this is the most up to date information we're able to provide. Future updates can be tracked here:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Information/Plusnet-email-login/m-p/1838261#M355

With this issue ongoing it does mean we are experiencing a high number of customer contacts and we're not able to respond as quickly as we usually do. Thank you for your continued patience and support.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Kwak
Rising Star

"Our work around has been to amend the email client's ( Outlook / Thunderbird et al ) SMTP server

from relay.plus.net / smtp.plus.net to 212.159.8.107"

Thank you Philip, I've tried that and it works. Great for another customer to help with that, I'd not have guessed there was a hidden server that worked. It's obviously not an actual DNS issue as the server responds quickly, just with "computer says no".

Thank god for the internet and its associated web community, makes me wonder how I'd have managed to fix sending emails before the internet was invented 😋🤗🤔😇!

TMelly
Hooked

Brilliant - many thanks.

DigbyChicken
Dabbler

Re: No email this morning 10 November

For me, sending fixed itself earlier today - and in the last ten minutes or so, I can now receive via POP. Hurrah!

desbroom

Re: Continuing email problems.

Tried to send a short e-mail a few minutes ago which would not send.

There were a few messages in my inbox one of which was corrupted which luckily is not a problem as it was not important.

I don't know if it makes any difference what operating system or e-mail provider you use.