cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

@stuck Apologies for the long delay. I can confirm we restored your mail on 05/Mar/21 at around 08:43. We also got some clarification from NetOps that when we archive a mailbox due to inactivity, the email is sent the next time you login. 

@PGWeller They're indeed archived on the 4th March. I've raised a task to unarchive your mail now which should be picked up within the next 3 working days. Once you've got your mail back I'd recommend sorting through them to delete anything you don't want or archive them to a computer or laptop through an email client.

@colinhigginson I've also raised a task to unarchive your mail. Once they're back I'd recommend you do some housekeeping as well to keep your mail below the 1GB usage allowance, using an email client if it's easier.

@emacy Your mail should be unarchived within 3 working days as I can see @davehough has raised a task this morning.

@JohnMcQ I've raised the task now. Same lead times as above and same house keeping rules apply. Smiley

(I need a strong coffee now...)

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
stuck
Rising Star

@Gandalf wrote:

@stuck Apologies for the long delay. I can confirm we restored your mail on 05/Mar/21 at around 08:43. We also got some clarification from NetOps that when we archive a mailbox due to inactivity, the email is sent the next time you login. 

Thank you.  Having just logged in though, there doesn't seem to be as many messages as I was expecting but as they say in Yorkshire, "Owt's better than nowt."  So I'll live with it.

I will endeavour not to let this happen again.

stuck

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @stuck and sounds like a plan.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
simztypeuk
Dabbler

Good evening.

I hope someone on the Plusnet side can help me recover my mailbox. 

After 4 calls into support and numerous tickets raised, over a week has passed since my mailbox was archived. I keep getting bounced from tech to tech who says they'll follow up with me in 24 hours, but never do. 

Please help.

Thanks

Simon

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Simon, apologies again for how we've handled your request to unarchive your emails. I've picked up your post Here and I've raised a task to NetOps. Due to the weekend your mail might not be restored until Monday but I'm seeing what I can do to speed things along as we've caused a fair bit of a delay and hassle.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
simztypeuk
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf

Many thanks for picking this up!!!

Have a good day!

Simon

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem Simon, you too! Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bombcircle

Thanks @Rincewind_ . It looks like the emails are back, but i am having problems even with the basic webmail and can't get to delete anything. I've tried a few time but always get the following message. Can you help? Maybe I'm doing something wrong. The 'full', not basic email just times out every time as it did before.

ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
Query: FETCH 1:* (FLAGS UID RFC822.SIZE INTERNALDATE BODY.PEEK[HEADER.FIELDS (Date To Cc From Subject X-Priority Importance Priority Content-Type)])

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Bombcircle We're aware of various performance issues with webmail (basic and advanced) that we're working on getting to the bottom of and monitoring closely. Unfortunately there's no timeframe for a fix we can provide so in the meantime if the performance is too poor, it may be worth setting up your Plusnet emails on a mail client to manage them that way. There's instructions Here if you're unsure how to. Apologies for the hassle. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
stuck
Rising Star

@Gandalf wrote:

@Bombcircle We're aware of various performance issues with webmail (basic and advanced) that we're working on getting to the bottom of and monitoring closely. Unfortunately there's no timeframe for a fix we can provide so in the meantime if the performance is too poor, it may be worth setting up your Plusnet emails on a mail client to manage them that way. There's instructions Here if you're unsure how to. Apologies for the hassle. 

I'm sorry, I can't help myself here, that just too funny 🤣  🤣  or are you being ironic?  Webmail has been hit and miss for years.  There used to be a sticky post at the top of the Email board that ran to a huge number of pages about webmail problems.  I can't find that thread but I did find this one:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Email/I-take-it-Webmail-s-down-again/td-p/1056123

from 2013, yes 2013, that mentions an "Connection to IMAP service failed" error, which is something I still see regularly if I have to use webmail.  Fortunately I only have to do that if I'm away from my desktop PC.  Mail is fine on my desktop PC, it receives my mail via POP to Outlook.

stuck

Blob

Hello, one of the mailboxes on my account has had messages archived. I was looking to see if this could be unarchived? The inbox holder needs access to one email in particular (contains a reference number which is needed to cancel a hotel booking).

Thanks in advance.

simztypeuk
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf

Just a quick note to say thank you for sorting the mail unarchive. This looks to have come through this morning.

I will now look to get the majority of that mailbox archived to my own Gmail account and reduce the footprint so as to get well below the 1GB limit.

Cheers

Simon

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Blob I've raised a task to unarchive your mail now which should be done within 3 working days.

@simztypeuk Awesome! Yep I can see your mailbox has been unarchived. No problem, thanks for the confirmation. Let us know if there are further issues or anything else you'd need help with. Cheers

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Blob

Thank you very much for raising that Gandalf. Much appreciated.

Bombcircle

Appreciate that you're doing what you can @Gandalf. I am continuing to get emails and messages on my account via the help assistant about reducing the size of my inbox though. I can only fix the issue with the size of my inbox when Plusnet fixes things with the webmail. We seem to be stuck in a hideous loop. Any chance you can at least switch off the notifications until things are working on your side?