IMAP and POP are ways you can download your emails from Plusnet systems to another email application. When you're setting things up, you'll need to choose which one to use.
Here's what they do.
- Emails stay on the Plusnet system even after you've checked them on your device.
- Whatever you do with your emails happens on all the email applications and devices you're using.
- You'll need to be connected to the Internet whenever you want to check your emails.
- Best if you're using different devices for your emails, like an iPad or smartphone.
- Emails stay on the Plusnet system until you check them on your device.
- Then your emails move from the Plusnet system to your device.
- They won't be on the Plusnet system anymore.
- Your emails stay on your device so you can read them even if you aren't connected to the Internet.
Other settings you may need.
You'll need to give a few more details when you're setting up your email application. They can be pretty confusing, so here's what to use.
|Outgoing port||587 (recommended) or 25||587 (recommended) or 25|
The details you'll need to enter for SMTP Authentication is your username and password as shown in the example below
If you’ve been with us a while, your domain might be ‘.force9.co.uk or ‘.free-online.net’. If so, change ‘.plus.net’ to ‘.force9.net’ or ‘.free-online.net’ for both your incoming and outgoing servers.