cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

Re: Archived mailbox? Request for it to be unarchived here!

@btn I have raised this up for you now. Sorry for the delay here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Weystoner1
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Hi, I have had the dreaded notification that my mailbox is over 1Gb, on June 7th.  Unfortunately I’ve been in France since mid-May and won’t be back until June 28th. I’m straying on campsites where WiFi is close to non-existent , so I have no opportunity to delete emails from webmail.  Is it possible for you to delay archiving the mailbox associated with domain name deslat until I’ve had chance to do an overnight deleting session when I get home - realistically until say July 10th?

Many thanks

Dave

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

@Weystoner1 what I can do is put it in my calendar to raise it closer to the time as they only usually give you a week to delete some. Is that alright?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
DrArkham
Dabbler

Please unarchive the mailbox i****@ a******.plus.com

arkay
Dabbler

Please can you arrange for my messages to be unarchived.  I've just received a message to say that's happened.

I regularly remove messages to bring the total under the limit but even though they do sometimes go over they only occasionally get archived, so please can they be unarchived.  That's for email address arkay.

Regards,

Richard.

manwithhabits
Hooked

Hi,

I received an email on 23/04 saying my email has been archived. Please can I have it restored

Thanks

MWH

arkay
Dabbler

Hello,

Is this forum being monitored by PlusNet support?

It's nearly a week since my request and I've not had confirmation yet.

Regards,

Richard.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @arkay 

Sorry there's a delay, I've raised a task to unarchive your mail, which should be done within 4 hours.

Hi @manwithhabits@DrArkham - I've also checked your accounts and can't see any sign of mail being archived. If you've received an email advising we have, could you drop me a private message with it?

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
arkay
Dabbler

Thank you, that's now in progress.

I do have one question though - it seems that I'm getting back quite a lot more than I expected!  Just before the archiving was done my Inbox went back to sometime in January or February.  The Messages that have been restored go right back to August last year.  I'm curious to know whether Plusnet's systems are routinely keeping messages that I have archived to local storage and that are no longer visible in my Inbox?  Given that I am habitually keeping messages as long as I can, hence every so often running over the space limit, I'm curious whether PlusNet's calculation of space used might be including messages that I think I've deleted from your server?

And, given that you've indicated you've moved to another role, thank you for your service here.  Will there be someone else picking up monitoring this forum for dearchive requests?  Or are you going to continue to be across it, even if it is only a couple of times per week? 

An option might be to give users direct access to your issue tracking system so we can create an appropriate issue when a dearchive is required.

Regards,

Richard.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved locked due to a technical issue - please post your requests for unarchiving in the new thread here

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I’m not sure of the mechanics behind the unarchive process, to be honest. Any messages which were deleted that long ago from our server shouldn’t have been recoverable. It’s possible the archiving to local storage didn’t delete them from webmail itself (the server).

There are others still on the Social team who monitor the forum, but due to a recent technical issue with this particular thread in the system that those agents use to respond on the forums, the last few posts were missed. The issue has been raised and should be sorted soon. For the time being, unless there’s another interim solution, I’m happy to keep an eye on any posts here.

Unfortunately, the systems we use to raise unarchive requests and unarchive mail are entirely internal, so it’s not possible to provide users access to this.

[edit]

Looks like my post crossed with @dvorak’s (Whoops) Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet