cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Persistent Dropped Connections.

lenny
Grafter

We are experienceing the same sort of drop outs ,so shall be keeping an eye on this post I have even got the new router of plusnet as I thought it was my old router but its still happening
114 REPLIES 114
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@lenny
Your connection has been dropping over the past couple of days as shown below.

We're also seeing a high amount of errors on your line.
I'd recommend going through our troubleshooter here
http://faults.plus.net
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
lenny
Grafter

Sorry for jumping on your thread Ghostrider

I have done the trouble shooter and reported a fault , but going away in the morning for a fortnight but router will be stopping on
Thanks Mathew
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

@lenny It's worth us checking the logs again when you get back. We can then advise further.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
lenny
Grafter

Quote from: plusnettony
@lenny It's worth us checking the logs again when you get back. We can then advise further.

Thanks .will follow this up when I get back
Cheers
Chris
lenny
Grafter

Quote from: Matthew
@lenny
Your connection has been dropping over the past couple of days as shown below.

We're also seeing a high amount of errors on your line.
I'd recommend going through our troubleshooter here
http://faults.plus.net

Hi
I have been away from home now for 8 days and I left the router on , any chance you could show another graph to show if there has been any disconnects
Could you also split this topic so I have my own please
Thanks
Chris
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi lenny,
There haven't been many disconnections over the last week or so:
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
lenny
Grafter

Thanks, would these drops be the router finding the stable speed or down to a problem
Thanks for splitting
Chris
Legend

There are a large amount of reasons for a dropped connection, unless it's dropping regularly and impacting your use of the connection I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
longer

Are you able to supply the list of reasons for the dropping of the connections as I've had this problem for the last 2/3 weeks and it's getting to be a nuisance, and trying to complete secure transactions online is becoming a bit of a lottery. 
I'm getting to the point whereby I cannot trust the plusnet connection anymore so starting to look elsewhere but obviously would rather not have to do so.
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Hi
If you work with Plus net ( PN) you will probably get your problem sorted. they will do their best to  help you find the problem.
1. A  likely cause is a line fault. BT Openreach (BT OR)  supply and maintain PNs  phone lines .    And most other ISPs'  so it would not matter which ISP  you change too, BT OR will still own and supply the line and just swapping ISP will not cure a line fault as your conenction will still be deliverered over the same wires.

• is your phone line audibly  noisy? You need to check. Audible noise can be intermittent and can lead to disconenction  of ADSL
    Do the drop outs occur when there is windy or wet weather ?
    Does the connecton drop if the phine rings ?

All these factors can intruce intermittent faults and they can be fixed.
2. it could be a fault in your home - your phone , the internal wiring,  or some other piece of phone line  connected equipment  like a smart TV may be faulty - and as there have been no disconnects while you were away that is quite possible . Again, PN's advice will help you sort this , but any fault in the home is down to you to fix , not PN or OR.
3. It could be an exchange fault. BTOR maintain this and only they can find and fix the fault .
4. It could be interference from external electrical equipment between your home & the exchange,  from street lamps to electric motors to traffic lights. Or microwaves in a neighbouing home which introuce interference  and nosie on the phone line. Unfortunatley  BTOR may not be able to do anything about this .
But the main thing is follow PN's advice and report your findings back here.
lenny
Grafter

Thanks for replys, this is something I will be following up when I return home from a  wet and windy Wales Smiley
lenny
Grafter

Hi
I will be returning home tomorrow and start to use my line again,
Any chance of another graph and details of sync speed if possible
Thanks
Chris
Chris
Legend

Your line is looking pretty stable at the moment:

The line stats are:
Downstream
Loop loss 61db
SNR margin 7db
Speed 2336

Upstream
Loop loss 35.5db
SNR margin 17db
Speed 448
lenny
Grafter

Many thanks , hope it remains like this when I start turning things back on when I get home Smiley