Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet gateway and DNS problems

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Plusnet gateway and DNS problems

Thanks for getting back to us @avant-guvnor and apologies for the delayed staff response here. 

I'm sorry to see you're still having issues and you decided to leave us. As far as I was aware this was sorted on the 27th June? Looking at the fault ticket on your account, I can see we tried to call you a couple of times since then to discuss. 

No changes from what I can see we've done apart from add a static IP you had until the end. 

Sorry again to see you go. All the best with your new provider. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
avant-guvnor
Grafter

Yes, the Plusnet Fault/CSC Analyst called to tell me (again), that the ADSL line was ok, despite me continuously having to explain to Plusnet that the line was fine and that I was NOT reporting an ADSL line problem.

During this debacle, there was NEVER an issue with the ADSL line.

I was advised by the Plusnet Fault/CSC Analyst to contact technical support re. the DNS issue. Technical Support simply reported the fault (again) and told to me to speak with the faults team.

So, as you can see, no-one took responsibility for the issue, and I was stuck in a very frustrating loop with an intermittent broadband service.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry for the experience you've had. We likely could've done with arranging an engineer visit to check the exchange etc. 

Out of interest, has the problem been resolved with whoever you've now moved to?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
avant-guvnor
Grafter

@Gandalf We likely could've done with arranging an engineer visit to check the exchange etc.

I couldn't agree more.

@Gandalf Out of interest, has the problem been resolved with whoever you've now moved to?

Yes.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the confirmation @avant-guvnor 

Again sorry for the issues you’ve had. I genuinely would’ve arranged an engineer as the next step if I’d known the replacement router I’d sent hadn’t fixed it. Sad

Happy to see you’ve got a resolution either way though.

Let me know if there’d be anything further you’d need help with from us. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet