Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Set up a guest network

Set up a guest network

I have a new Sagecom CS 50001 router from Plusnet. Can I set up a guest network? If so how?

7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 23

Re: Set up a guest network

I don't recognise that model CS 50001 , AFAIK PlusNet have only supplied the Hub One and the 2704N from SagemCom

see here https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-setup-guides/

Which one do you have ?

TBH though I don't recall either of them being able to support guest networks

Plusnet Help Team Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 2

Hi Not sure, have asked around, why note post a question on the forum, you'll be surprised how many people will offer a possible solution!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony C
 Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for responding so quickly - its the 2704N.....

Plusnet Help Team Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 2

Hi yes, I figured as much the 2704N, I have been asking around and we feel that it won't support a guest network but as I said previously, ask on the forum, it might be possible, just never heard it happen with that particular router.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony C
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Gaffer Community Gaffer
Fixes: 112

As you've already asked on the forum (ie here!) there's no need to start a new thread about this.

The 2704 does not support guest networks, sorry about that.

Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team

Thanks Chris.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 5

TonyMC wrote:

Hi Not sure, have asked around, why note post a question on the forum,

Erm... You did read post 1 right? - And what was being asked?! Do I be right if i said you worked in the call centre? - They tend to misunderstand things / give wrong advice..

@mlbullen If you have an old PC knocking around somewhere you could always find a PCI wifi card based on the ralink 2500 chipset and put it into access point mode. Then you just need to dis/enable the network card as and when you have guests. Alternatively there are usb APs out there but i've no experience of those so can't say too much.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!