cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sagem 2704n as WiFi Extender for BT Openzone

mbray13
Grafter

Re: Sagem 2704n as WiFi Extender for BT Openzone

No. The ip of http server, should it be actual Mac ip? Have I actually been that stupid?
Matty123123
Grafter

wget http://192.168.1.109/original-plusnet-bcm-image-72731.bin

When your Apple says 0.0.0.0 its implying that its connecting to all the IP addresses available your computer.  In this case its just happens to be 1 address.
Matty123123
Grafter

I'm going to assume its uploaded correctly (fingers crossed) and you have changed your details in http://192.168.1.254/basic_broadband.html.
(web password=admin)
In your opinion... was it all worth the effort?, because it probably did not go as smooth as I hoped it would.
mbray13
Grafter

I'd say it was definitely worth the effort. I understand a bit more about firmware tinkering/ networking and it saved me a fortune in coffee using public hotspots.
The original firmware is back but after factory reset and chucking my username and password into router page I only get red light for Internet. Strangely with factory default tr069@plusdsl.net Internet light is solid green.
mbray13
Grafter

Ah, TR69. It's a protocol for setting up accounts. I got the getting started plusnet page and it says all good. Any internet access gives a BTWholesale Service Info page listing reasons my internet could be failing. Router page also says "you may be subject to a BT network outage. Looks like there's an failure today. Typical after I've waited 2 months for the internet! 🙂 thanks again for the help, this should be the end of it.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Sounds like Plusnet need to activate something their end. Try the webchat. There's over 50 calls waiting on the phone according to their stats  Roll_eyes
mbray13
Grafter

I think you're right Anotherone, there's an automated script support question raised against my account. Thanks for the call wait time tip. Nagging digitally now.
mbray13
Grafter

Ok so after plusnet's internal system's got fixed yesterday and they sorted my "install realm" issue (only solvable their end) the router works just fine as long as you plug in your own details (username@plusdsl.net and broadband password) on router ip (192.168.1.254) basic settings page (not plusnet get started launch page). tr069@plusdsl.net (default auto config e-mail address) only works if account matched to serial number of router (which changes with firmware).
Hope that makes some sense. Thanks to all for the help, i'm back on the grid.
RichardPoll
Grafter

Sorry to bump an old thread but I  found it very useful for my current open zone  repeater project,   I could really do with some advice though if you're still about?

I've almost got it all working perfectly except I can't access the btwifi landing page? It comes up with DNS problem. Strangely, I'm able to access every other BT website?

the configuration should be the same as yours as I used your configuration dump btw 

kind regards, Richard