Did you mean: 

Where is my £70 Cashback

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Re: Where is my £70 Cashback

Quote from: clare2015
I'm still awaiting my £75 cashback. Very annoyed at the moment with this.
We took the phone and internet package out online, via the £75 cashback offer. After entering user name password, all details etc each time the PlusNet server went down, we tried this 3 times before calling plusnet. Plusnet confirmed they were encountering technical difficulties and would contact us the following day to load everything and that we would still get the £75 Cashback offer. The operator called the following day and entered all the information on the system, confirming the cash back offer. Great!
January 8th, 6 weeks after we first contacted plusnet we received a voucher via email stating this was amazon vouchers. I emailed plusnet back to advise it was not the amazon voucher offer we took it but the CASHBACK offer. We don't use Amazon.  When I had no response I called PlusNet and the operator re-assured me it was the Cashback offer, that we would receive this after the first bill was generated. We would expect to have this via cheque within  30 days.
25 February I contacted plusnet again as no cheque in the post. The operator advised it was amazon vouchers, so I again went through the previous information and previous confirmation from the operator in January that we would be receiving the cheque within 30days.  Operator very annoying at this time saying I did not take this out,  when I did. Awaiting call from manager about this.
PlusNet can you please sort this out and send me the cheque as promised,

Hi Clare, I've taken a look into this for you and I can see that the deal you did sign up for was our Black Friday offer which contained £75 Amazon vouchers. I have cross referenced this with our marketing department and it pairs up with your offer code. I can see that you have received the email but not accepted the reward. If you would like me to send the reward back out to you with a new email, just let me know and I can get this done for you.
Thanks
Ben B
clare2015

I agree. Something so simple is taking all this effort and time, I should have just gone to BT for phone/internet. Its not very good customer service. I spoke with customer services last week and explained I had already had this conversation with a plusnet operator in January, that I was promised I would receive a cheque after the January bill was generated.  Reply I received was that plusnet cannot accept liability for what their staff are advising......what!!!??? Isn't the person on the phone the voice of the company.  I'm currently awaiting a call back as she needs to discuss this with the marketing team. It seems plusnet have made a mistake in offering the £75 cashback and are now finding ways to counteract this.
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi Clare,  I have spoken to my colleague you have been in contact with and she is going to call you back today before 9PM tonight. I will leave this with them for the time being.
Thanks
Ben B
boacon
Grafter

Quote from: clare2015
I agree. Something so simple is taking all this effort and time, I should have just gone to BT for phone/internet. Its not very good customer service. I spoke with customer services last week and explained I had already had this conversation with a plusnet operator in January, that I was promised I would receive a cheque after the January bill was generated.   Reply I received was that plusnet cannot accept liability for what their staff are advising......what!!!??? Isn't the person on the phone the voice of the company.  I'm currently awaiting a call back as she needs to discuss this with the marketing team. It seems plusnet have made a mistake in offering the £75 cashback and are now finding ways to counteract this.

Well it has been 9 weeks for me and it has been promised (AGAIN) to be with me no later than tomorrow. I see absolutely no reason to think this time will be better than every other time they have promised the same. Shocking customer service.
boacon
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
I'm going to ask someone to speak directly to the team looking after this and get you an exact date as you've been waiting too long now. This won't happen until Monday though.

Hi Chris, well last week came and went and still not a word from the team. Your message was dated the 21st of last month. I'm not sure if anyone is picking up on my frustration lol
boacon
Grafter

Well I just spoke to a lovely girl about my missing Amazon evoucher, she sounded  very embarrassed by it all quite honestly. The email was again promised to me no later than today and yet again nothing. Now I realise the day isn't over yet but I think it is fair to assume it is unlikely to arrive now unless they deliberately leave it to the last minute. It really does just keep getting better and better. Lol
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi again,
Really sorry this is still dragging out for you. The person I passed this on to unfortunately hasn't picked this up how I'd like.
I can see this has been escalated to the marketing team as this has gone on too long and once the person I need to speak to is available I'm going to chase them up again.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
boacon
Grafter

Chris, as far as I can tell noone really seems bothered, this could quite literally be sorted in a matter of seconds, that is how long it takes to send an email. Instead it has been going on for 9 weeks. This has been escalated numerous times already and still marketing have done nothing. I have totally lost faith in PN I'm afraid.
dick:quote
boacon
Grafter

This is directed at Chris or indeed any other PN employee, do you consider it acceptable that a department needs 7 working days to respond to a problem especially when the problem has been going on for several months ? If a customer has been waiting several months do you think for the sake of customer service that maybe they could prioritise an issue and address it immediately especially as it would take literally seconds to sort it ?
I have never encountered customer 'service' like it to be fair.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Boacon,
I'm just creating a ticket on your account now with a resolution to this for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
boacon
Grafter

Well I will thank you personally Chris but certainly not Plusnet as they really have been next to useless. Now just countdown until I can go to BT lol
dick:quote
ndevlin86

Hi. I signed up towards the end of February and am awaiting cashback. My service went live almost a month ago. Have received varying messages via various mediums (customer helpline/Twitter etc), all of which have ended with the promise to 'look' into why I have not received an email to claim cashback. These 'promises' are wearing thin as they have led to nothing. Please can I receive a genuine resolution. Thanks
ndevlin86

Would it be possible to receive confirmation whether any Plusnet customer reps have seen/are acting upon my previous post?
Chrisdeacon89

How long should it take for me £75 amazon gift voucher to arise as I have been told 2 different stories 1st I will be 10 days after my service is activated and then 2nd it will be 30 days the money has been credited to my account as I can clearly see it says fully paid and my service isn't even active so what is going on? I don't want no lies or empty promises
KatC
Grafter

Hi there @ Chrisdeacon89
To clarify it is a £75 Amazon gift certificate you are entitled to.  The confirmation e-mail will be sent to the customer within 10 working days of the first service becoming active. Once the link within the e-mail has been clicked, the gift certificate will immediately be sent to you within an e-mail.