Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Cashback not being tracked

peterb99
Grafter

Top Cashback not being tracked

Hi,
When I signed up to Plusnet I went through topcashback and should have got £30 in cashback (I signed up on 19th Novermber).
However, it never tracked. I raised a ticket with Topcashback and they say they have contacted Plusnet but have not heard anything.  Is there anything I can do?
Thanks
Pete
56 REPLIES 56
dsw
Grafter

Re: Top Cashback not being tracked

Got one that never tracked either.
Sebtomato
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Signed up to Plusnet yesterday afternoon through TCB, and the £70 cashback didn't track either.
I think we will have to contact TCB and provide order number details etc
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Peterb99 - Just asked our marketing team about that one, it'll be approved shortly for you. Sorry about that.
@dsw - Happy to chase it up for you if you could provide details of which offer etc? Also have you chased the cashback site that you ordered through as it should be them in the first instance?
@Sebtomato - That'd be the best plan as it should show up fairly quickly, I believe if you raise a transaction enquiry with TCB they should be able to help.
peterb99
Grafter

Thanks for the quick reply Matt, great customer service as always.
pwatson
Rising Star

My cashback hasn't tracked yet either.  £38 claimed after signup on 23rd November, request sent via TCC on 6th December to chase it up.
Anything that can be chased for me as well please?
les37b
Grafter

Quote from: Matt
@Peterb99 - Just asked our marketing team about that one, it'll be approved shortly for you. Sorry about that.
@dsw - Happy to chase it up for you if you could provide details of which offer etc? Also have you chased the cashback site that you ordered through as it should be them in the first instance?
@Sebtomato - That'd be the best plan as it should show up fairly quickly, I believe if you raise a transaction enquiry with TCB they should be able to help.

Can you do the same for me also Matt.
Mine did track and is currently showing in my account as £70.70. However, your system put me through as a 40Mb connection - which I was told was amended. But it throws concerns over my order of the 26/12/12 which is being installed on the 23/1/13. Ive also seen remarks that youve declined transactions because things were amended. eg install dates. My requested dates were ignored and I was given a date of 9 Jan, which was changed to the 23 Jan after Id asked if its possible to get my chosen date,
I had just asked the same thing in another thread where someone had similarly been incorrectly emailed after ordering with the wrong details.
Just a wee bit concerned.
Sebtomato
Rising Star

Thanks. I have tried to open a missing cashback claim with them, but they are asking for an order number. I haven't received such thing from Plusnet, just an email with my login and package details.
I must admit, this is not a great start: cashback does not track, and then I receive an email showing that I was put on the wrong package (40mbps) instead of my maximum speed...
peterb99
Grafter

Thanks for your help Matt.  The cashback has now tracked.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@pwatson and @les37b - your claims are being chased up now, you should get notification soon (les we can sort out the difference if there are any issues with the speeds, but hoping that all should be alright).
@sebtomato - if you give them your service ID (which is 2088142) that should work fine for the order ID. That request will then come through to our marketing team, who will be looking out for it to approve Smiley
Hope that helps.
76nil
Grafter

I signed up for Plusnet on 21st Sept via Top Cash Back but my cash back has never tracked.  I submitted a claim via TCB and they have just got back to me saying Plusnet has declined to pay because I either didn't do it via TCB, or I've had the money or I didn't meet their criteria for paying me.  I did go the the Plusnet site via TCB (all my shopping goes via them) I haven't had the money and goodness knows what their mysterious criteria are.  One of the reasons I changed was the cash back as I find all suppliers much the same.   
les37b
Grafter

@les37b - your claims are being chased up now, you should get notification soon (les we can sort out the difference if there are any issues with the speeds, but hoping that all should be alright).

Matt, despite getting an email when I first signed up saying 40Mb, I was reassured when I phoned "it was just a glitch, everything is fine - your linespeed will be 67.8Mb) A not was put on my account to this effect.
Having been concerned on a number of issues in this order I was reassured both by yourselves on here Broadband on the 23 Jan. - Including to ignore an email on the 9th Jan, confirming that I had been connected at 40Mb - which I was told "another glitch"
I chased yesterday to ask "is it all confirmed for today - bearing in mind the number of no shows". It was confirmed again that everything was fine with the details I wanted to hear. (eventually after an hour or so.)
I received an email confirming this straight after. Then 8 minutes later, I received another telling me my order was cancelled.
So back in the queue I went. I was told at first "I dont know its cancelled - then put through to installs again. I was told "Dont worry,  your unlimited 80/20 is still in place. The guy Id spoken to you had cancelled the home phone connection as it cant be done at the same time.
Now you may recall me querying this a week or so ago saying your sales team had told me it had to be done BB first, then a later date, the phone. You assured my my order will be competed as scheduled on the 23rd..... and told me "its a training issue". Your installation team agreed, there was a training issue here!!!!!
So.... onto the big day..... which started off with an email telling me that Ive now been a customer for 2 weeks and my line speed is now settled and confirmed at 36Mb.
So I ring and get told "another glitch"..... I then run through my concerns about cashback and also ask again for confirmation of my order. Once again, Im told the details I wanted to hear and there was nothing to worry about.
The engineer arrived as planned at 4pm. It took him ages to find the connection in the box, but eventually he was successful. So I did a speedtest...... 36Mb...... and up 8Mb

The engineer says.... "nothing to do with me"
So I ring plusnet. Im told "Oh, thats strange. Your order to BTOR clearly says its been put through as 40/10

Now seriously guys, I couldnt have got more assurances from you on this - purely because of the email received on order, then because "im now live" then because "cashback" several times in the forum, then chasing up the install in case of cancellation...... then because of the email this morning telling me id been connected for 2 weeks on 40/10
I dont understand how you all could have got this so wrong and it really really concerns me regarding the billing details and start dates - as youve given me assurances on that too!
Ive been told "my order will be rectified within 48 hours"
Can I ask you to inform me here exactly what has gone on and how this situation could possibly have occured. Can you also confirn as said above, the cashback is safe. I dont want to hear any nonsense about "you changed your order or changed install dates" which Ive seen others being told.
If everything turns out ok, then Im happy. But at the moment, im not just unhappy at getting half the line speed Id signed up for, but the complete mess up from start to finish with the information being past to me.

sosen
Dabbler

@les37b..
im in pretty similar situation. my £70 from quidco hasnt been tracked, even if normally i have none problems with quidco. in my welcome to plusnet email state same as my broadband speed is going to be 40Mb/s. this is far away from promised dl/ul 72/20. looks like being put on wrong profile, but how come this happened when i have signed up for fibre unlimited. as far as i know fibre unlimited is now 80/20..right?i hope this is not just a start problems same as you experienced.
may i please matt taylor to look closer at my case as well pls?
thx
les37b
Grafter

To be fair, I have continually been told that I am down for unlimited 80/20 right from the start each time I've spoken or posted here.
What I dont understand is why or how I can be told this more than a dozen times, but be told when I ring to challenge why I've only been given 40/10 that it's what has been ordered! There is absolutely zero excuse for this. I've been very vocal since the 26 December when the order was placed because I really was fearful this would happen. And now it has despite everything I've been told.
So is this a tactic to be used to avoid paying cashback (it's been mentioned a few times "you've changed your account so we're not paying"), hoping that people don't notice, and accept a lesser sevice, or a deliberately misleading information / training issue.
les37b
Grafter

I seriously was hoping or a reply on this guys.
Lack of (correct) communication is my biggest annoyance.
And can I have an update on when my correct line speed will get sorted?
Or would it best to start a new thread?