cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Press the Button pleeeaasseeee :)

BEERMAN684
Dabbler

Press the Button pleeeaasseeee :)

Can somebody at Plusnet please press the button that will let me go on line, pllllleeeaaassseeee. Everyhting is connected  Roll_eyes
18 REPLIES 18
Mand
Grafter

Re: Press the Button pleeeaasseeee :)

Done. Wink
BEERMAN684
Dabbler

Mand,
Huh Microfilter pluged in, check. cable between filter and modem , check. modem powerd on, check. ethernet cable between laptop and pc check . Thunderbirds are go ? no  Sad broadband light on modem is still just flashing like an oldman in a park Sad tried to connect after entering passwords , the page just says no broadband found  Cry
BEERMAN684
Dabbler

changed microfilters and the dsl cable between the router and the filter, broadband light still flashing and the internet line is off . i went through the domentation again  Cry seems like the problem is between myself and the exchange Sad
BEERMAN684
Dabbler

internet light* is off, am i doing something wrong ?
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: BEERMAN684
------- Everyhting is connected  Roll_eyes

When you said everything connected was you referring to your equipment or did you have the broadband light on? If it's the former and you did not have the broadband light on then it's not a case of flicking a switch as the work in the exchange may not have taken place.  What date was you given for your broadband?
BEERMAN684
Dabbler

It was suppose to be the 15th , but everthing was completed earlier . Under connection settings, via the plusnet page, "your broadband order tracker" all the boxes are ticked ie. it all shoudl be up and running as the order is now complete. It states that I should be able to start using my broad band.
itsme
Grafter

Have your modem got a separate broadband and internet light? If you have broadband and no internet then this is down to PN flicking a switch. Are you using a PN supplied modem? Have you checked the Username and password in the modem settings?
BEERMAN684
Dabbler

Quote from: itsme
Have your modem got a separate broadband and internet light? If you have broadband and no internet then this is down to PN flicking a switch. Are you using a PN supplied modem? Have you checked the Username and password in the modem settings?

I have a Thompson router/modem as supplied by plusnet, It has a seperate internet and broadband lights. The broadband light just flickers/ flashes continuasly. No indication whatsover of the internet light coming on. I have set up the username as beerman etc etc etc and enterd the password as requested. rebooted everything after it dident work and even after that the broadband light is still just flickering Sad I have to admit thou if it wasent for my t mobile dongle thingy i wouldent of even been able to do any of the aforementioned things nor type this . thank you for your help thou .
itsme
Grafter

I'm not familiar with the Thompson's modems but a flashing broadband light is normally not a good sign. I suggest that you phone PN as this look like a failed provision on Openreach part.
BEERMAN684
Dabbler

Thank you for your help thou, much appreciated .
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

When you made the opening post in this thread, saying "everything was connected" was the broadband light solid green? If BT had completed installation you should have been able to get to that stage without Plusnet "pushing any buttons". Then the right-hand Internet light would flash, and "pushing buttons" enables it to complete authentication and become solid green. (Flashing during data transfer is normal.)
Your router *should* have been configured for easy start so that left to its own devices the router would have connected to Plusnet and configured itself within 10 minutes or so, no need for any user set-up at all.
What entries appear in the router log which you can find here?
David
BEERMAN684
Dabbler

lol if I unpleg the microfilter from the wall/phone socket  the exact same lights on the router/modem  keep on flashing , possible that the wiring is incorrect  in the wall socket ?
BEERMAN684
Dabbler

Quote from: spraxyt
When you made the opening post in this thread, saying "everything was connected" was the broadband light solid green? If BT had completed installation you should have been able to get to that stage without Plusnet "pushing any buttons". Then the right-hand Internet light would flash, and "pushing buttons" enables it to complete authentication and become solid green. (Flashing during data transfer is normal.)
Your router *should* have been configured for easy start so that left to its own devices the router would have connected to Plusnet and configured itself within 10 minutes or so, no need for any user set-up at all.
What entries appear in the router log which you can find here?

pm send to you, thank you for the help.
itsme
Grafter

No, there are only 2 wires and if the phone work then broadband will. In the exchange the broadband has to be added to the phone and this is a physical wiring job done by Openreach.