cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The deed is done :(

Force9Original
Grafter

The deed is done :(

Just Spoke to Adam, ( not Mr Walker shame) and requested the MAC key for for Joining Be.
Would of like the account frozen, for six month, but was declined. Any reason why not ????
The account will be downgraded to dial up so I can still use the emails.
Its not really the  Plusnet's side of things that I'm unhappy with ( apart from traffic man) its the BT System (msan & line profile & poor highend fq)
Any Chance the MAC could be issued quicker than Friday Sad
thx f90
8 REPLIES 8
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: The deed is done :(

If an account is 'frozen' BT still charge Plusnet so they have to pass on the charges to the customer.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
James
Grafter

Hi there,
We can't really freeze accounts.  If we kept the account open, we would continue to pay the line rental (tail) for the broadband service.  As that isn't really practical, especially as we wouldn't be able to keep your service running as you would be with another ISP, we don't really have any other alternative but to close your account (or downgrade to PAYG).
Of course if you would like to come back at a later date, of course we would welcome you back with open arms Smiley
Good luck with Be*.
Force9Original
Grafter

I'd like to come back , if the BT  line control  system improves.
I carn't really fault plusnet in trying to help, with the DLM ect.
However I feel disadvantaged being on the worst type of Msan for a long line & BT's line profile has been driving me daft.
Be are offering £20 referal credit ontop of their nomal £40 cashback offer so, It kinda makes it easier to swallow leaving here after such a long time.
Be* have the Broadcom Msan and a bit more end user control , with out the silly line profile games BT use which is really what i'm after.
Thx f9o
Force9Original
Grafter

@  Jameseh Smiley
Never migrated before so its all going to be new.
Its 11 days including today to the  billing date (18th) so will that be the final payment.
Its says on the MAC key page ,, you guys can issue a MAC before 4 days , Friday does seem along time.
Also want to say a big thanks to Mand, Adam & Jojo for helping with the numerous issues I've mithered them with!!
Smiley
Force9Original
Grafter

Just got a message saying the Ticket 40542388 has been returned to the MAC pool ?
Does that mean the MAC will now be issued or is there another process I have to go through ?
I' haven't signed upto Be* yet as I've been waiting for this code to proceed.
Thx f9o
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Yes, this would be the fourth day since you requested your MAC so your request has been released to the "Pool" that hits the button to generate your MAC.
You should have your MAC in the morning. Enjoy your DLM-free service from Be*
Force9Original
Grafter

Yes no BT LP & away for the IFTN Msan  
Still twiddling thumbs waiting . Strange process the way this Mac key works  Undecided
Nudge of Ticket 40542388 would be welcome Smiley
Force9Original
Grafter

CSC James provided the MAC thanks ! Smiley
Order placed with Be* so well see how the migration goes.
Thanks f9o