cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet sinks to a new low

Mars2050
Rising Star

Plusnet sinks to a new low

Plusnet have become a joke of a company and there services have degraded rapidly.

One again plusnet screw up.

Today on bank holiday Monday of all days, I had a call just before 9am this morning. The same call then called again and it went  to answer phone. It were plusnet cold calling me about a ticket and were text  message, voice sent to my landline number. This has never happened before in all the years I have been with PN and should not of happened.

The numbers were 08456021111 and 07507319859 as stated on the message.

I did not give plusnet permission to text my landline with a automated voice service.

Why you could just not replied to my ticket like you always do I don’t know but this call at 9am in the morning, were unhelpful and annoying.

So I called plusnet once again to complain, the adviser were useless going back and fourth to his manager, when I asked many times to speak to the manager. Plusnet being difficult once again. While I were speaking to this agent I found a ticket that I were not even aware of, where, the adviser on the ticket number, illegally changed my home phone number over to the mobile number section, that were not even there before. 

I said now I know why I got these text, voice calls but I did not consent to this and this useless staff at plusnet, had no right use my landline number in that section. I didn't even ask for this to be done and pluesnet staff should or replied to ticket. Not harass me by phoning my home phone at 9am on a bank holiday with a text message.

Just because I am leaving you, does not give you, PN staff a right to fiddle with it, my account or change the mobile number section to my landline without my consent.

I finally got to speak with a manager and she replaced my landline number, that were illegally put in there by the staff on the ticket number, to all 00000000.

I said I wanted this member of staff punished for doing this and manager said, we don’t punish staff at plusnet. I said I don’t care he were wrong to do what he did and should be disciplined.

I want the member of staff on this ticked number, when I get it, to be disciplined! 

Plusnet is sinking to a new low. So glad I am leaving this PR disaster. poor services of an ISP.

17 REPLIES 17
Mars2050
Rising Star

Re: Plusnet sinks to a new low

Right here is the ticket number #147933989 of the Customer service agent, who illegally and without my consent or knowledge, put my landline number into the mobile number section, which lead to me getting that voice text call said about above yesterday.

As I can't name the CS agent on the forum, this ticket number will Identify who it were internal. I would like this member of staff disciplined for doing this without my consent. Don't try and wiggle out of it plusnet!

And here is the ticket number #148021089 from yesterday morning when the manager changed it for me to 0000000. Quote text as well with names and personal details removed.

Name of agent - CSC Analyst

Time, Monday 17 Apr 2017

Mobile changed from My landline number '' to '00000000000'. Email opt-out changed from 'Off' to 'On'.

Plusnet are a disgrace and don't do me proud. Ticked_off

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

plusnet need to cut this guy loose ASAP.
companies need the guts to just terminate "customers" like this immediately.

he/she is already leaving, just cut them off now and be done with it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That won't stop them posting their thoughts, drivel, rants, bile on the forum, with it being open to the public. Sad

chenks76
All Star

and this coming from the guy that wanted ISPs to keep account data for 3 years.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

@Mars2050 seems to have no self awareness. Manages to upset everyone on all sides.  Ticked_off

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Have to agree with Mars2050 - the CSA concerned should be publicly flogged, hung ,drawn and quartered for such an awful crime! Fancy moving a phone number without express permissionGrin

Mars2050
Rising Star

I see plusnets paid shills giving out the same old same old once again. Plusnet can't just drop me as it would be a breach of contract and not for making a complaint, that I an any other customer are entitled to. If plusnet were a good ISP, they would take the complaint, deal with it and apologies for the issues they caused. But they can't as they are stuck so far up there own backside.

It's not rants or anything else and just because you paid shills moan about people like me, will not stop customers complaining about poor shoddy services and incompetent staff. The truth hurts and paid shill like you chenks76, just can't except it.

Advice to new people thinking of joining  Plusnet. Please don't. As you can see, you will be trolled and attacked just by complaining about plusnet for any reason by paid shills that operate on this forum.

Mook I though you could not see what I posted Wink

Please see the reviews about plusnet at these sites.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.plus.net

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/products/244.html

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews92709.html

Mars2050
Rising Star

It's not funny being cold called when the ISP concerned, never did this before but as a result of incompetence and entering my number in a place, they should not of, without my knowledge or consent!

chenks76
All Star

oh the hilarity
chenks76
All Star

@Mars2050 wrote:

It's not funny being cold called when the ISP concerned, never did this before but as a result of incompetence and entering my number in a place, they should not of, without my knowledge or consent!

i see as well as not understanding what "shill" means you also don't understand what "cold calling" is.
the call you received does not fall into any agreed decription of a "cold call".

Cold calling is defined as the solicitation of business from potential customers who have had no prior contact with the salesperson conducting the call. Cold calling is used to attempt to convince potential customers to purchase either the salesperson’s product or service. Cold calling is generally referred to as an over-the-phone process, making it a source of telemarketing, but can also be done in-person by door-to-door salespeople. Though cold calling can be used as a legitimate business tool, scammers can use cold calling as well.

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Just hoping that Mars is his home planet, and 2050 refers to the time today when the mother ship arrives to take him home (please god don't let it be the year! Shocked)

Mars2050
Rising Star

To me it were being cold called as I least expected it from plusnet and they should not of done, as explained in my OP. Simples!

You are not going to derail my thread by arguing the toss, about what cold calling is, means in your view. You tactics are classic troll shill tactics, used to derail threads like mine. Nice try shill.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mars2050 wrote:

So what are / were you expecting then? Do you want them to phone you to for your permission to phone you? Or if they had sent an email asking you for your permission to call then I guess to that too would be deemed spam.

I detect a no win situation here.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60